Ford Raptor R July 18th Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Looks great and really happy Ford released the R.

Personally I’d get the GT500 if I wanted to lay down that much cash and hp. It will be easy $150-$200k CAD up here.

I’m happy with my gen 2 and will probably never exploit its potential.

I will say in terms of competition, Ford did a better job in terms of media. That TRX release was so cringy - the amount of times the presenter emphatically said TRX with those annoying hand gestures.

View attachment 363574
This guy is SO Bad!!!!

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It makes sense that Ford wouldn't mention stuff like 0-60 times just yet to downplay comparisons.
There was no mention of 60-0 braking distance, which means the new Raptor R has the same brakes as every F150 built this century. It will just be using them to attempt to stop a much faster vehicle on heavier tires....

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now let’s see it run with a TRX. On road and off road. Now we can do an Apples to Apples comparison. I want to see how the TRX hangs with direct competitio.
Its got a liter less displacement and is making almost the same power.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sort of. The R is on 37s. You also have the differences in weight and some differences in hp, etc. But they are definitely the same class of vehicle now.
They were never in the same class and the R changes nothing in that regard. Don't know how many times they have to say it but Raptor was designed to be competitive off road not the mall crawling on road glitz of the TRX. 0-60 means nothing. Raptor and now R have always been steps beyond the TRX. Raptor cut it's teeth at Baja and the trend continues. TRX is simply a glitzy mall crawling machine but serious off road enthusiasts will always choose Raptor over TRX EB and now R.