Ford Raptor Overlanding Story (Forbes)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That’s a pretty long write up, I’ll need to do more than skim it later.
Looks pretty good and detailed so far.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats a lot of coin to transform a stock raptor into an overlander with all that state of the art gear. Need some deep pockets to get/use all that equipment and you better go on lots of trips every year to make it worthwhile, otherwise a cold beer at a beachside resort sounds better and cheaper, lol.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's some pretty cool stuff in there. The one thing he didn't address is how much it weighs. He's going to be overloaded if he takes all that stuff. At which point you lose the performance that makes a Raptor a Raptor and not a tarted up FX4. +3HD would be my choice if keeping the stock front springs, or +4HD with Eibachs. He might also should point out that if the main goal is overlanding, which is car camping with an espresso machine and a hot shower and satellite TV, an F250 Tremor is a much better choice. My guess is that he managed to get a lot of cool stuff for free and then get paid to write about it. That's a sweet gig. I'm jealous.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's some pretty cool stuff in there. The one thing he didn't address is how much it weighs. He's going to be overloaded if he takes all that stuff. At which point you lose the performance that makes a Raptor a Raptor and not a tarted up FX4. +3HD would be my choice if keeping the stock front springs, or +4HD with Eibachs. He might also should point out that if the main goal is overlanding, which is car camping with an espresso machine and a hot shower and satellite TV, an F250 Tremor is a much better choice. My guess is that he managed to get a lot of cool stuff for free and then get paid to write about it. That's a sweet gig. I'm jealous.
Terra crew did a built to destroy on what they called a “pre-lander” it was a first gen tundra, short coursed and long travel. Had a low profile camping tent on it. Pretty nice balance of the two.