Ford Raptor Fuel Pump Fuse Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Went to start truck yesterday morning....no go. Was running behind didn't have time to mess with it. Anyway, I have already done the relocation a couple months back, so I figured it was the fuel pump. Got home yesterday popped hood took the 20 amp out and put it back in.....started right up. This is ridiculous, luckily the 3 times it's done this I have been at home.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RaptorDW

Reaction score
Had the same issue with the no start after refueling few years ago. Hasn’t happened since. Found this website and bought the kit from ford but my fuse is fine. Not melted at all. Has anyone had it not start and the fuse look fine?

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't appear to have the actual repair which deletes #27 fuse and moves it to #71 which is a larger capacity style base. Just having a 20A fuse in #27 is not the fix.

R,
HAP

I didn't have time to read all 300 plus responses here but on a hunch I did an IR scan of my fuse Box this morning after a 20 mile drive to a job site.

I think if this had something to do with the design of the fuse Box that every vehicle made would show a heat signature at fuse 27. Mine did not. This leads me to think that this fix at the fuse Box may be nothing more than a band-aid.

I don't think that fuse should be getting hot in the 1st place, and on those vehicles that are getting hot... Something is wrong somewhere else that's causing it to draw too much amperage.

It's rare that I use my equipment for automotive applications but I thought what the hell. I do use it for commercial and residential electrical systems quite often. If this were an AC power system I could see a loose wire or bad breaker causing such an overheat but I'm skeptical of a design issue here because it would be more widespread. More importantly...it would be unlikely to be the same breaker on every vehicle since all of those small breaker sockets share the same design.

The hottest thing in this image are the 2 relays at the top at 139゚. That might be a little bit hotter than the water heater circuit breaker in your house for an electric water heater that's operating. My breaker 27 has virtually no heat signature. This is at idle after a 20 mile run down the highway. I have about 80000 miles on my 20142805c4c47ebe34306274294620ae63c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cindy

Reaction score
Had the same issue with the no start after refueling few years ago. Hasn’t happened since. Found this website and bought the kit from ford but my fuse is fine. Not melted at all. Has anyone had it not start and the fuse look fine?

My 2011 did have the Fuse 27 issue. What would happen it would start fine, then as everything warmed up the fuse would melt and then I would hit a bump in the road and it would just go dead because the melted fuse would break apart when I hit the bump.

B3AR

Reaction score
my 2010 just did this last Friday... the fuse 27 is not big enough for the amperage of the fuel pump so it melts factory fuse.
good news there is an upgrade and a kit Ford sells. it is common problem on F 150 2010-2014.

hope this helps some peps out

James Klassen

Reaction score
I have a 2014 6.2 raptor. ordered the fuse relocation kit for Tasca. But my question is: My son has a 2014 F150 with the EcoBoost, Is this fuse problem also in that model?

KCM

Reaction score
My truck won’t start this morning. All the same symptoms. Cranks fast but won’t start. I had the fuse 27 relocation done at the dealership a while back. I pulled the fuse and it looks perfect. Any idea what’s going on?
Edit: I also get the engine service light on but I’m guessing that’s because the engine won’t turn over? Maybe I need a new FPDM?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

My truck won’t start this morning. All the same symptoms. Cranks fast but won’t start. I had the fuse 27 relocation done at the dealership a while back. I pulled the fuse and it looks perfect. Any idea what’s going on?

My fuel pump went out in January of 2017 on my Gen 1—had nothing to do with fuse 27. The truck would turn over, but it wasn't getting fuel to the engine.