Ford Raptor Fuel Pump Fuse Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stockee2002

Reaction score
2013 Ford Raptor Fuel Pump Fuse Issue

Got to say, Im not too happy with Ford right now, I bought my Raptor 6 months ago for the main purpose of hunting up in Northern Maine. The area I hunt requires a 4 mile paper road followed by a 3.5 mile absolute disgusting road that only the Raptor would like. Took the end of summer to go in weekly and set up tree stand and cameras. All was going well until our opening day of hunting which was Nov 1. The Raptor wouldn't start! I finally took the battery cable off and reattached and she fired up. I immediately went to my Ford Dealer. He stated that there is a TSB out on the Fuel Pump Fuse and they needed to relocate it within the fuse box. They stated that it was a $20 part and that I shouldn't drive the vehicle due to possible fire from overheating. So they stated they would call me the next day to set up an appointment. They did call, but apparently the part is on back order and won't be in until Nov 30th. Our hunting season ends Nov 27th. I contacted Detroit and the customer service was like, there's nothing I can do! Really? Im sick to my stomach!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
UMMM, most of what they told you is true, but I think the kit is available now. Another member just got his fixed. Try contacting them again and see whats up. See if you can get a loaner or something. Personally, I would drive it and bring a spare fuse with me.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got to say, Im not too happy with Ford right now, I bought my Raptor 6 months ago for the main purpose of hunting up in Northern Maine. The area I hunt requires a 4 mile paper road followed by a 3.5 mile absolute disgusting road that only the Raptor would like. Took the end of summer to go in weekly and set up tree stand and cameras. All was going well until our opening day of hunting which was Nov 1. The Raptor wouldn't start! I finally took the battery cable off and reattached and she fired up. I immediately went to my Ford Dealer. He stated that there is a TSB out on the Fuel Pump Fuse and they needed to relocate it within the fuse box. They stated that it was a $20 part and that I shouldn't drive the vehicle due to possible fire from overheating. So they stated they would call me the next day to set up an appointment. They did call, but apparently the part is on back order and won't be in until Nov 30th. Our hunting season ends Nov 27th. I contacted Detroit and the customer service was like, there's nothing I can do! Really? Im sick to my stomach!
Fuse 27 - change it to a 20 amp for now and carry a few spare. If the truck doesn't start, check that fuse.

Mine over heated and melted in the fuse box. Left me stranded for half a day in Escenaba, MI.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

Submit your photo for the calendar contest
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=44744

Stockee2002

Reaction score
They are trying to locate a fix

Apparently there are a few fuse relocation kits at some dealers in the states. But they are not letting them go easily. I called another dealer and told them that if they can find one, to offer them up to $100 for the $20 part to see if they will part. In the meantime, my new handle will be "Fist Full of Fuses"! I will keep a few on hand and head on in! Oh and a loaner, yeah, my dealer offered me a Ford minivan!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Apparently there are a few fuse relocation kits at some dealers in the states. But they are not letting them go easily. I called another dealer and told them that if they can find one, to offer them up to $100 for the $20 part to see if they will part. In the meantime, my new handle will be "Fist Full of Fuses"! I will keep a few on hand and head on in! Oh and a loaner, yeah, my dealer offered me a Ford minivan!

Hahaha... and you didn't take the loaner??

here is another thread on that part.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f39/battery-junction-box-44831/

Stockee2002

Reaction score
LOL, I told the rep that I could get the minivan in, but it aint never coming out! Thank you for that thread, that is exactly what Im dealing with. My Raptor keeps telling me, shell get me in and out and to not worry!

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...The Raptor wouldn't start! I finally took the battery cable off and reattached and she fired up. I immediately went to my Ford Dealer. He stated that there is a TSB out on the Fuel Pump Fuse and they needed to relocate it within the fuse box. They stated that it was a $20 part and that I shouldn't drive the vehicle due to possible fire from overheating. So they stated they would call me the next day to set up an appointment. They did call, but apparently the part is on back order and won't be in until Nov 30th...

Welcome to the forum, Stockee2002! I'll do some research and see what options are available to help out. How many miles are on your Raptor?

Crystal