Ford Raptor Fuel Pump Fuse Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McGrath4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
battery junction box

FYI Tasca emailed and said they are currently out of stock but expect to be re supplied on 10/31. May want to try elsewhere to see if you get better luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so 2 weeks later I got my truck back. Thanks for the help from crystal and the ford crew. The part that was on back order is actually a kit. It rewires the fuse box by the radiator. As I previously stated I trust my ford mechanic with my truck because he's a raptor guy and goes the extra mile for me. He said the 10am fuse that is in the truck is too small for the fuel pump load. It will overheat and as it melts the problems will begin. The intermittent stuff is the beginning of it going bad....cuz as it cools it works again. The "battery junction box" is a kit to rewir me the 10 amp fuse to a 20 amp fuse obviously relocated in the box. 2 pics look close at the melted slot near the terminal post. And the second pic is the new label as to where the fuse is now....I think it's slot 70.

I was told it will happen as the fuel pump draws a little too much and over time of overheating it will melt. Everyone take a look and if yours is starting to look boogery get to work. I'm sure a handy person could pull fuse box and insert a 20 amp fuse in a bind.
9BE2C1C0-9AF2-47FA-9BA0-81DD091DD41F.jpg

893E395A-9596-4421-8E86-D7548C082CBE.jpg

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup. Same thing happened to mine. Burnt the fuel pump fuse so bad it had to be relocated. No choice. Unfortunately I had to pay on my own dime. I'm pretty sure it is fuse 27.

So what does this kit look like?

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: