Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Ford Raptor Fuel Pump Fuse Issue

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by billybob974, Dec 30, 2014.

1. daddycreswell

daddycreswell FRF Addict

Went to start truck yesterday morning....no go. Was running behind didn't have time to mess with it. Anyway, I have already done the relocation a couple months back, so I figured it was the fuel pump. Got home yesterday popped hood took the 20 amp out and put it back in.....started right up. This is ridiculous, luckily the 3 times it's done this I have been at home.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. RaptorDW

RaptorDW Member

Had the same issue with the no start after refueling few years ago. Hasn’t happened since. Found this website and bought the kit from ford but my fuse is fine. Not melted at all. Has anyone had it not start and the fuse look fine?

3. HAP

HAP Full Access Member

You don't appear to have the actual repair which deletes #27 fuse and moves it to #71 which is a larger capacity style base. Just having a 20A fuse in #27 is not the fix.

R,
    HAP

4. Cindy

Cindy Member

My 2011 did have the Fuse 27 issue. What would happen it would start fine, then as everything warmed up the fuse would melt and then I would hit a bump in the road and it would just go dead because the melted fuse would break apart when I hit the bump.

B3AR likes this.
  5. B3AR

B3AR Member

my 2010 just did this last Friday... the fuse 27 is not big enough for the amperage of the fuel pump so it melts factory fuse.
    good news there is an upgrade and a kit Ford sells. it is common problem on F 150 2010-2014.

hope this helps some peps out

6. James Klassen

James Klassen Member

I have a 2014 6.2 raptor. ordered the fuse relocation kit for Tasca. But my question is: My son has a 2014 F150 with the EcoBoost, Is this fuse problem also in that model?

7. BenBB

BenBB Full Access Member

Not 100% certain but I don't think so; my work truck is a 2014 F150 5.0L and at 190k miles no issues there...6.2L is just a thirsty beast...

James Klassen likes this.
  8. James Klassen

James Klassen Member

Thank you BenBB