Ford Raptor Fuel Pump Fuse Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im will revive this a bit as I have a question for some..

For those with the Ford ESP, have you successfully had this TSB performed and had it covered by the warranty?

I just left my dealer and they were certain that if I had this performed “as a precaution” that the ESP would not pick up the tab.

I have not had a chance to look at the condition of the fuse yet but that will be done today.

Mickey

ESP will only cover it when there are symptoms of it (burnt fuse, crank no start). If you're worried the repair kit is cheep and you can do it yourself.

scootr2200

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply!

I just checked my fuse and it looks pristine. I guess I will have bow to the powers-at-be and take care of this one on my own.

Mickey

Verruckt

Reaction score
I just had my truck do the shut off while driving thing and think it's tied to this. Reading through the other threads for fuse 27 quite a few people have had this same issue.

I'd seriously suggest we all slam the below NHTSA Vehicle Safety Complaint form as the truck can completely turn off while driving. Ford's response of making this a TSB that customers have to pay for, and not a recall is ******* insane.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

gt350jr

Reaction score
Pump failed

Im new here , I just got my 2013 4 days ago and it died as I was driving on my main road ,was just barely able to get to the side of the road. Towed it to my shop bad fuel pump , that's a first for me . But after the new one was put in the throttle response was a lot better.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same ting

Interesting....my 2012 did the crank no start last night. I check fuse #27 and it’s a 20 amp. I pull it out and it’s melted on one side. Isn’t a 20 amp the correct one?

I guess Ford started implementing the TSB on some 2014's. I'm going to assume mine has the TSB from the higer rated fuse in #27 (20 vs 10).

R,
HAP
IMG_0192_zpslt9l47p9.jpg
IMG_0191_zps1hyjmlzj.jpg

Raptor1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is but this is a known issue. U have to relocate the fuse. Amazon sells a kit for 20 bucks. With 40 minutes of your time its a simple fix. I actually just did this yesterday evening and was not difficult at all.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting....my 2012 did the crank no start last night. I check fuse #27 and it’s a 20 amp. I pull it out and it’s melted on one side. Isn’t a 20 amp the correct one?

Yes and no. The little tiny fuse (and/or the wee elfen socket it lives in) has issues with 20 amps, the relocation kit puts a larger 20A clear-top fuse at like #70 similar to all the others on that first row, and eliminates the one at #27.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes and no. The little tiny fuse (and/or the wee elfen socket it lives in) has issues with 20 amps, the relocation kit puts a larger 20A clear-top fuse at like #70 similar to all the others on that first row, and eliminates the one at #27.

Thanks, that makes more sense. So Ford has admitted this is a problem with an issued TSB but from what I’ve read, they don’t cover it? I’m out of warranty along with the extended to 5 years. I would have thought Ford would cover something like this if they are admitting to problem.

I’m inclined to fix it mysellf but if it’s a Ford-admitted issue, I’d rather let them deal with it

Do we still have a Ford rep hanging around the site?

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, that makes more sense. So Ford has admitted this is a problem with an issued TSB but from what I’ve read, they don’t cover it? I’m out of warranty along with the extended to 5 years. I would have thought Ford would cover something like this if they are admitting to problem.

I’m inclined to fix it mysellf but if it’s a Ford-admitted issue, I’d rather let them deal with it

Do we still have a Ford rep hanging around the site?
No, we don't. Haven't for some time.
You can submit a safety complaint to the national highway board. If enough of us do it, there may become a recall. The link has been posted in an earlier post in this thread.
Edit:
Here is the link to the post.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=1143174

Yukon

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tossty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members