Ford Raptor Fender Scratch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

parkerp

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Today I scratched up my fender on my 2017 Ford Raptor, below is the picture. Do you all have any advice as to how I can fix this/clean up the scrapes? Any help is appreciated! I would love to get it all fixed and looking good as new.

Attachments

• A4506E75-ABF0-46EF-AB3D-A82397B1F27C.jpeg
    A4506E75-ABF0-46EF-AB3D-A82397B1F27C.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 58

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Sorry, can’t be “fixed” if the scratch(es) are actually in the plastic. You can make it look “better” by buffing them out a bit, but that will leave a shiny spot to bring your attention to the scratched area. The only way to truly get rid of them is to replace the fender trim. That piece of plastic is about $500 from the dealer, so…

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you just want to do a home type of remedy and not replace the flare, the only thing I would suggest is sanding with some wet sandpaper, maybe start with 120 grit and work up to 320 grit and then 1000 grit, from there you can try polishing compound, but it will only look a bit better and these are painted from the factory, so you will most likely remove some paint in the process. Spray a water hose over the area and see what it looks like soaking wet, that will give you an idea of what you will get it out of it, before you start doing it yourself.

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it did its job....paint was saved... RIP
If you are going to replace maybe consider going aftermarket with a full set

(not promoting this set... just a quick google search showing you can get a full set for close to the price of one OEM... I'm sure there are others out there)

OP
OP
P

parkerp

Reaction score
If you just want to do a home type of remedy and not replace the flare, the only thing I would suggest is sanding with some wet sandpaper, maybe start with 120 grit and work up to 320 grit and then 1000 grit, from there you can try polishing compound, but it will only look a bit better and these are painted from the factory, so you will most likely remove some paint in the process. Spray a water hose over the area and see what it looks like soaking wet, that will give you an idea of what you will get it out of it, before you start doing it yourself.
Appreciate it!
Looks like it did its job....paint was saved... RIP
If you are going to replace maybe consider going aftermarket with a full set

(not promoting this set... just a quick google search showing you can get a full set for close to the price of one OEM... I'm sure there are others out there)
Cheers!