Ford raptor diesel conversion!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
4bt is 780lbs, 5.9 is 1100lbs

Our 6.2 is ~600lbs

Not saying it isn't doable, Carli makes heavy duty stuff for the diesel crowd, just something to consider.

180lbs isn't bad, some people put that much weight on in the form of a bumper/lights/winch.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
4bt is 780lbs, 5.9 is 1100lbs

Our 6.2 is ~600lbs

Not saying it isn't doable, Carli makes heavy duty stuff for the diesel crowd, just something to consider.

Damn i misread that weight, its the 2.8l I-4 thats ~480lbs.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
180lbs isn't bad, some people put that much weight on in the form of a bumper/lights/winch.

Like I said it's doable. I'm just not sure I see the benefit. You have the cost of the conversion, the cost of upgrading the 4bt (they make shit stock), AND the cost of suspension upgrades since the stock stuff would be worthless at that weight plus you have to take into account what it would take to balance the truck out (more shit in the bed).

Put a blower on the 6.2 and move on with your life.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Like I said it's doable. I'm just not sure I see the benefit. You have the cost of the conversion, the cost of upgrading the 4bt (they make shit stock), AND the cost of suspension upgrades since the stock stuff would be worthless at that weight plus you have to take into account what it would take to balance the truck out (more shit in the bed).

Put a blower on the 6.2 and move on with your life.

No...we need to encourage OP. What you're saying is what I'd personally do, but I want to see him do a diesel raptor. :rofl:

stevelp99

Reaction score
Aside from the conversion alone, what supporting mods would be needed, like suspension, drive line? Would the stock suspension even be able to hold the additional weight? I'd like to see what this would look like just for the fun of it.
Personally I'd rather see a manual transmission conversion.

OP
OP
O

oliver00

Reaction score
Weight is really a factor here as you guys mention it....finally i think i'll go with the ford 3.5 ecoboost, heard many praises about this engine. I forgot to say that I'm rebuilding this raptor as it has no engine and transmission on it. Thanks for the comments guys, I'll be posting the pics and VDO's!

Status
Not open for further replies.