Ford raptor 2022 factory order info.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Walked into ford and ordered a 22 raptor 801a high without 37 package on 12/21/21. Not sure if they had allocation or not but put my $500 deposit down and got the paperwork and email confirmation the same day. My dealer said 6-8 months and another dealer said possibly a year….??? In the past 3 months I have gone to the dealership twice to get an update but they weren’t very helpful. I ask them straight up if it’s going to come or not and all they said was yes you gotta wait. One dealer said it was still scheduled but clean. Are they not giving me an answer to keep my deposit? Also on the forums people are saying if you ordered without allocation the truck won’t be built. If that’s true why would they let me order it? I understand that it hasn’t been 6 months yet but I don’t want to wait for nothing. Anyone have info?

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered 12/28 and dealer said they have an allocation. You just gotta take their word for it. Also, they haven’t been scheduling in the past 5 weeks. Ford Performance says they are just about done with oct orders. Dec orders will probably see their truck 3rd or 4th quarter of this year.

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems they don't get all of their allocations up front. However, I have heard rumors that Ford may cut out some allocations this year.

zapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both of my 2 October orders are still unscheduled.
(Dealers promised allocations)

Last edited:

housecat

Reaction score
people are saying if you ordered without allocation the truck won’t be built. If that’s true why would they let me order it?
You're locked down to them so you're a free $500 at worst if you back out, and at best they can take the truck out from under you and sell it for a pretty markup (ADM) to anyone they want when it comes in.

Dealerships operate on debt, they'd rather take an interest-free loan from you (deposit) to pay off their debt which is accruing interest (incurred to hold a supply of vehicles). It's small potatoes but every dollar counts.

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered 12/28 and dealer said they have an allocation. You just gotta take their word for it. Also, they haven’t been scheduling in the past 5 weeks. Ford Performance says they are just about done with oct orders. Dec orders will probably see their truck 3rd or 4th quarter of this year.
FYI to OP @Whereismyraptor
Ask your dealer for a VIN number on your order, if they have allocation or have confirmation of the order, there will be a VIN at some point in time. My truck was October order, was supposed to come Feb. Last week checked with customer service using chat with my VIN and below is message. Looks like end of May for me. I concur note about Dec orders coming in 3rd or 4th, they not even finished with Octobers.
I'm quite upset i got another 2-3 months delay. But it is what it is.

"I appreciate your patience, xx. It appears that your vehicle is currently In Production - When an order is "In Production," it is being manufactured at one of our factories. It appears that the micro chip at the plant is on hold. It does show that the ETA for your vehicle as May 19th - May 25th 2022."

OP
OP
Whereismyraptor
Reaction score
FYI to OP @Whereismyraptor
Ask your dealer for a VIN number on your order, if they have allocation or have confirmation of the order, there will be a VIN at some point in time. My truck was October order, was supposed to come Feb. Last week checked with customer service using chat with my VIN and below is message. Looks like end of May for me. I concur note about Dec orders coming in 3rd or 4th, they not even finished with Octobers.
I'm quite upset i got another 2-3 months delay. But it is what it is.

"I appreciate your patience, xx. It appears that your vehicle is currently In Production - When an order is "In Production," it is being manufactured at one of our factories. It appears that the micro chip at the plant is on hold. It does show that the ETA for your vehicle as May 19th - May 25th 2022."
How long did you wait from, Order Confirmed to Scheduled for Production? When did you receive your VIN?

cjhoneyman

Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 Raptor in October 2021 from a small dealer in Kansas that my family has owned for 40 years and my cousin is the GM. When I ordered it, he thought he was being allocated 2 Raptors for 2022, which is what they typically get. He found out in January that Ford cut the allocation in half. At that time, he said it could be March 2022 or it could be November 2022 before it arrived. No way to know for sure, even though it was a retail order. I received my VIN on 1/10/22 and at that time it was scheduled for production on 2/21/22. My order is now in production with a blend date of tomorrow (3/15).

While I know there are some dealers that play games and you can't trust, I truly believe that it's tough to know when these things are going to happen with the shortages and limited information coming out of Ford.

Last edited:

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long did you wait from, Order Confirmed to Scheduled for Production? When did you receive your VIN?
The dealer ordered in Oct, I paid depost Oct 29th, First update from Dealer was December 11th along with VIN. Below is how dealer has been giving me updates. The scheulded and build dates changed along the way but this final shows truck has been built and now sitting for the chip. In December i asked dealer to change color from black to AMB, wasn't sure if it was going to take but it did. I wonder if my change order reset certain things in the que and pushed me back. As i do know other member here with slightly later build date now has a truck.
1647363424492.png

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, I put my deposit down on 6/26. My order was placed 10/1 at 9AM. Mine has shown 'produced' and then back to 'in production' and back to 'produced'. Still sitting there with an ETA now of 3/20-26 currently.