Ford Raptor 2013 Remote Start & Smart phone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pushrodv8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
strange. since ford never made a gulf spec raptor. not sure why any 801a would come without remote start.

They do make em in gulf spec. The odometer and speedometer are in Kilometer, it also has an Arabic navigation setting.
I jus dnt understand why the remote start is not included.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 109

NJStangersJonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dei has the smart start module which will work with their alarms. you can use your smartphone to control it.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

somehow i missed part of the video. that was the smart start. you can add remote start to a lot of vehicles. many newer vehicles are rsr (remote start ready) so if you didnt get remote start, you can add it using the dei system. my guess is, that is what they did here

Any idea how complicated the install for that is? I sold my 04 F150 and still have 2 years of membership left and a spare Smart Start Module, just need to hook it up to my Raptor when I get it in a month or two.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dei is Directed Electronics Incorporated. they own viper, clifford, automate, hornet, autostart, orion, etc.

the install is a time consumming process. but i can definitely help you out.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to get an aftermarket alarm but as far as I know they can't easily interface with the truck the same as factory (auto defrost, seat heat/AC, etc). Here in Canada they don't ship with remote start, at least for 2011 and 2012, not sure on the 13's. I installed the PnP upgrade module with FOB from Ford and had the dealer activate it.

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 came with factory remote start also -- for about 2 hours, until I replaced that lame thing with a Clifford remote (Viper family).