Ford Ranger Raptor will start at $52,500 MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flwrappeder

Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But I am curious why you feel this way?
i guess its more so in the future trying to explain when asked what you drive and you reply " a raptor", " oh which one?" so its losing its lone legacy as to what is/was a raptor. " oh my buddy has a ranger raptor, or a bronco raptor blah blah blah" i just dont see how you could compare it as such. the singularity of what it used to mean is forever gone and IMO not as valuable as it once was. does that make sense? over brand it to death i guess but in my opinion not all raptors are created equally.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get it. But it's not supposed to be a competitor to the full size Raptor, it's a TACO competitor.
Ford would do better competing against the Raptor. They're at least zero and forty against the Tacoma. Since long before there even was a Tacoma. I have two rules when it comes to buying trucks. In more than forty years they have never once failed me. Rule one: Never buy a compact truck from an American company. Rule two: Never buy a full sized truck from a Japanese company.
Edit typo

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is very true, is it just me or are the parking spots getting smaller and smaller. I always park at the back of the lot when I can anyway.
Trucks are getting bigger and bigger. Ever seen a 1970s f150 next to a new one? The new ranger is almost the same size. Ditto, I always park in the very back of the parking lot too.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i guess its more so in the future trying to explain when asked what you drive and you reply " a raptor", " oh which one?" so its losing its lone legacy as to what is/was a raptor. " oh my buddy has a ranger raptor, or a bronco raptor blah blah blah" i just dont see how you could compare it as such. the singularity of what it used to mean is forever gone and IMO not as valuable as it once was. does that make sense? over brand it to death i guess but in my opinion not all raptors are created equally.

I don't think it's going to go down like that. If someone tells you they have a Jeep, the default is they have a Wrangler. No one asks which one. If they happen to have a cherokee, or patriot or whatever else is under the brand name , it's on them to clarify exactly which model they have. It's not incorrect to say they have a Jeep, but it's also misleading considering what people general mean when they say they have a Jeep.

Likewise, I think a Raptor will always be an F150 Raptor. If you have a Bronco Raptor, Ranger Raptor, or Transit Raptor, it's on you to clarify what exactly you have. Honestly, I bet most people will refer to their Bronco Raptor as Bronco or Bronco Raptor, never as just Raptor. Ranger Raptor not so much, but at the same time, you don't want people to think you got the big boy and then be a little disappointed when they find out your a little smaller.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I don't think it's going to go down like that. If someone tells you they have a Jeep, the default is they have a Wrangler. No one asks which one. If they happen to have a cherokee, or patriot or whatever else is under the brand name , it's on them to clarify exactly which model they have. It's not incorrect to say they have a Jeep, but it's also misleading considering what people general mean when they say they have a Jeep.

Likewise, I think a Raptor will always be an F150 Raptor. If you have a Bronco Raptor, Ranger Raptor, or Transit Raptor, it's on you to clarify what exactly you have. Honestly, I bet most people will refer to their Bronco Raptor as Bronco or Bronco Raptor, never as just Raptor. Ranger Raptor not so much, but at the same time, you don't want people to think you got the big boy and then be a little disappointed when they find out your a little smaller.

Yep, totally agree.