Ford Quality Is Up in 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPS68

Reaction score
Yes...My 2019 Raptor has no flaws that I can find but it only has 750 miles on it.
I do feel the engine is a little less responsive until it warms up...only run 92 octane or above.
Maybe a tune in the near future.
My 2016 Explorer Sport has 40,000 on it no issues to date.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes...My 2019 Raptor has no flaws that I can find but it only has 750 miles on it.
I do feel the engine is a little less responsive until it warms up...only run 92 octane or above.
Maybe a tune in the near future.
My 2016 Explorer Sport has 40,000 on it no issues to date.
I had a 2017 that had a lot of issues and I now have a 2019 that is pretty much perfect except for how it runs until warmed up (bad acceleration, weird shifts, etc...).

Russ

Reaction score
2019 with 750 miles that's already been in the shop for a week for IWE issues. waiting for new hubs that are on backorder for a month, have to only drive around in 4H for now. my wife was giving me crap about fords being low quality and couldn't believe i spent 70k+ on it. ford didn't help my case but i do still love the truck. hope i can get it fixed and don't run into any more issues

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 with 750 miles that's already been in the shop for a week for IWE issues. waiting for new hubs that are on backorder for a month, have to only drive around in 4H for now. my wife was giving me crap about fords being low quality and couldn't believe i spent 70k+ on it. ford didn't help my case but i do still love the truck. hope i can get it fixed and don't run into any more issues
Hopefully you will be good. I hate to see any of us have to admit that we were wrong to a wife. If she tries to get you to admit it, divert the conversation and ask her about a completely unrelated topic where she was wrong (I learned that one from my wife :)).

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

2019 models are equipped with a new IWE operation strategy as noted in the below SSM:

SSM 48088 - 2019 F-150/Expedition/Navigator - 4WD - Revised IWE Operation Strategy After Initial Start Up
2019 F-150/Expedition/Navigator vehicles equipped with four-wheel drive (4WD) have a revised transfer case control module (TCCM) strategy that will affect integrated wheel end (IWE) operation after initial start up. The TCCM will not energize the solenoid to supply vacuum to the IWEs after the initial key cycle and a driven gear is selected. The IWEs will remain engaged for 0.8 km (0.5 mi) when the temperature is above 0°C (32°F) and 3 km (2 mi) when below 0°C (32°F). The strategy changes were implemented to improve vacuum supply management and axle warm up in cold temperatures. The engine must run for a minimum of 5 minutes to build sufficient vacuum before performing any vacuum related testing. Refer to the Workshop Manual (WSM) Section, 307-08A - Four-Wheel Drive Systems - System Operation and Component Description for additional information.

Does the concern occur within the first 1/2 mile of driving? If not, the IWE hubs themselves are likely not the issue. The hubs are disengaged by vacuum, so any issues with the vacuum system will cause the hubs to partially engage and make noise. A vacuum issue can be as simple as a $2 check valve failure, which I've personally seen. What dealer are you working with in SoCal?

Kuan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't someone report here that they were on the latest ford investor conference call and they were discussing the rise in warranty costs?