Ford put 400 miles on my Raptor during warranty work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

DrJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the video going on my old college PC thanks to the Codec download posted.

400 miles? Almost an entire tank of gas?

OP, that seems unreasonable to me. I'm interested to see what the cam shows...WOT runs, off roading, etc.

You guys would not believe what’s on the video. Looks like it’s not just the mechanic driving it and there’s more. I will be contacting a lawyer tomorrow and probably shouldn’t comment further until then.

I actually have this weird feeling like I’ve been violated. Like my Raptor has been pimped out all weekend long.

Crunchtime2k

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You guys would not believe what’s on the video. Looks like it’s not just the mechanic driving it and there’s more. I will be contacting a lawyer tomorrow and probably shouldn’t comment further until then.

I actually have this weird feeling like I’ve been violated. Like my Raptor has been pimped out all weekend long.
Glad to help

Crunchtime2k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More than likely you don’t need a lawyer, if the video is bad bad bad , share it with the dealer owner in a private meeting depending on dealer size and if owner will meet with you. Don’t waste time with managers.

first figure out what you want and be reasonable...... something fair yet something that will satisfy you and in the realm of possible that the owner would see eye to eye with. Be calm yet firm and be prepared to sign a NDA and never release the footage. Its your leverage. Play the cards wise.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can understand maybe 50 miles to diagnose the radar cruise control. Just the tip.

400 miles. That’s balls deep!!

I’d be pissed even if it was a friggen Honda Civic.

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drjacks, sorry to hear about this, it’s truly absurd that something like this would happen. My girlfriend and I both have raptors and have both had nightmarish service experiences with dealer service. Truly pathetic in this day and age - zero excuses for this stuff.

Best of luck on the process and please keep us posted

jintro

Reaction score
Had a somewhat similar experience (without the video). Dealer put on 120 miles to fix the adaptive cruise issue, left the truck filthy, extra fasteners in the cup holder, gas tank dry with 40 miles to empty, bumper put back on crooked, etc... and the interior smelled like fast food when I picked it up. Violated is a good word to describe it, given the truck had all of 3k miles on it. And to make matters worse, the cruise issue is back again

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Honestly,
If it was my truck, I wouldnt want it back. Your truck may be fine now but u have no idea what damage they did internally that may show its face in 20-30k miles... engine, tranny, transfercase...!?

I agree with crunchtime. I would meet with the owner of dealer. If the video is as bad as you say, I'd show him. If he is a reasonable person, he should want to make it right with you. I personally would tell him as nicely as I could that he can buy back your truck that his employees treated like a free rental and order or find you a new 2020 with all the specs you want then sale it to you either at his bottom dollar cost including holdback or exact price you paid for yours.... whatever is less.

But if he was a **** or declined your offer then you have 2 options.
1) lawyer up (prob smarter option)
Or
2) if the owner is an A**hole to u, then put the video on every social media outlet, youtube, etc and provide to all local and state news teams. Let it be seen by all and bury the reputation of his dealship.