Ford put 400 miles on my Raptor during warranty work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My computer apparently can’t read the video files so I’ll have to go through them one by one connecting my phone to the camera

VLC media player should be able to read them. But why did you buy a dash cam where you can't view the files? Seems pointless to me.

IN regards to the 400 miles. I would expect 20-30 miles top. And I would never consent to a tech taking my truck home over night. Where does he park? Is he a good driver? Does he smoke? Did he get fast food?

The number of miles wouldn't bother me, just what or how things were done during it. The service advisor failed by not keeping you in the loop.

OP
OP
D

DrJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VLC media player should be able to read them. But why did you buy a dash cam where you can't view the files? Seems pointless to me.

IN regards to the 400 miles. I would expect 20-30 miles top. And I would never consent to a tech taking my truck home over night. Where does he park? Is he a good driver? Does he smoke? Did he get fast food?

The number of miles wouldn't bother me, just what or how things were done during it. The service advisor failed by not keeping you in the loop.

I can view the files on my phone over WiFi and that’s all I’ve needed up to this point. I downloaded the BlackVue app and it won’t play its own videos. I’m on a Mac so that makes things harder. My work Windows computer won’t let me plug in anything.

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From BlackVue

Note: this Viewer contains two applications in one. You can switch between SD Card Viewer and Cloud Viewer anytime.

works great on my Mac.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the tech needs to put miles on the car to duplicate a certain condition or allow software to adapt/reset--what do you want them to do? I guess he should just drive it in circles all day around the dealer and take a month to fix the problem. That would also **** you off. We've all seen the dealer tech burnout videos and blatant abuse clips but taking customer cars home is commonplace, live with it or fix your own car. And no offense, it is a Ford pickup, not a Ferrari.

Crunchtime2k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the tech needs to put miles on the car to duplicate a certain condition or allow software to adapt/reset--what do you want them to do? I guess he should just drive it in circles all day around the dealer and take a month to fix the problem. That would also **** you off. We've all seen the dealer tech burnout videos and blatant abuse clips but taking customer cars home is commonplace, live with it or fix your own car. And no offense, it is a Ford pickup, not a Ferrari.
400 miles is not reasonable

OP
OP
D

DrJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score

no luck on that one. Looks like I need to update my OS.

Had they needed to do this, I could almost agree with you but they didn’t. I can duplicate it barely leaving the parking lot and I’ve shown them this. If all he did was drive it home and back that’s one thing. The video appears to be more damming as I watch on my phone, a 1 Minute segment at a time...

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no luck on that one. Looks like I need to update my OS.

Had they needed to do this, I could almost agree with you but they didn’t. I can duplicate it barely leaving the parking lot and I’ve shown them this. If all he did was drive it home and back that’s one thing. The video appears to be more damming as I watch on my phone, a 1 Minute segment at a time...

And they should have let you know FIRST before they drove it almost 1 1/2 times the length of Pennsylvania. I can assure you that is not commonplace.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. I would be so pissed if this was my truck. I would vent to the GM/owner and demand to be compensated. The dealerships behavior is completely unprofessional.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

400 miles? Almost an entire tank of gas?

OP, that seems unreasonable to me. I'm interested to see what the cam shows...WOT runs, off roading, etc.