Ford put 400 miles on my Raptor during warranty work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

DrJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear things went your way. So what are they doing for you after all of this?

Since I had never been through this before, Crunchtime2k reached out to me and talked me through how these things work. Thanks to him and lots of great advice on here, a 2020 Raptor is on its way! This time I left the %#*>@ sunroof out!

I bet there are 250-300 Ford dealers in Texas. We don't know what city you are in, or even what county of Texas IF you even bought it in the state.

I'm not really sure where not posting the video that you talked about for 10 pages would harm or help the dealer. The same with not posting what the settlement was.

This has been a "I found a safe" thread without ever showing us what was in the safe.

Again, really sorry but I gave the dealer my word that I wouldn’t release it. Like I said before, no burn outs or jumping but I cant elaborate further.

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would now consider the situation to be resolved. The GM bent over backwards to make things right. I am really impressed with his professionalism.

I’ve agreed not to ever post the video. The owner worked so hard to fix things, I wouldn’t want any negative publicity to come to his business as a result of this mechanic. It’s not the GM’s fault what the mechanic did and the GM did everything he could to address it to my satisfaction.

I’m sorry to all those waiting for the video. It’s not THAT exciting though - no jumping or burnouts.

I will see if I can post a pic of the dash cam install that some have asked for.

alls well that ends well

im glad that its being sorted out

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="DrJacks, post: 2020 Raptor is on its way! This time I left the %#*>@ sunroof out!

Smart move, my 2010 King Ranch and my 2014 Raptor both had sunroof issues..click click click and broken won’t close...same on both. If I get another raptor it will not have a sunroof

King ranch was under warranty, Rap was not and it was from what I remember around 2k to fix...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly what Raptor is on order for you? SC or Screw? What color and options did you end up going with?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Since I had never been through this before, Crunchtime2k reached out to me and talked me through how these things work. Thanks to him and lots of great advice on here, a 2020 Raptor is on its way! This time I left the %#*>@ sunroof out!

Again, really sorry but I gave the dealer my word that I wouldn’t release it. Like I said before, no burn outs or jumping but I cant elaborate further.

I’m glad you got this driven to resolution.

Duckgumbeaux

Reaction score
Feel for you. Really. The legal profession (and I use that term loosely) is in the business of leaching. We are at least in the top 3 or 4 countries in terms of number of lawyers per capita. As a doc, I’ve seen literally dozens of frivolous lawsuits thrown at me and colleagues. Fortunate to have never settled or lost. Just a huge waste of time and money; and such a huge amount of stress. Lawyers made out like bandits in every case; their clients got nothing or lost money, and I lost money. Sorry for my rant but you struck a nerve. Impossible to change. Torte reform would require the Senate and House to pass a bill...but that’s impossible...cuz they are mostly....yeah, that’s right...Lawyers.

A large yacht carrying dozens of people crashed and sank in shark infested waters. Over the ensuing several hours, every person save one was systematically ripped to shreds by the growing frenzy of sharks. A trial lawyer reached the shore unscathed. When asked what happened, he simply said “Professional Courtesy”.
Yeah, you saw that one coming.

Glad all turned out okay but to put another lawyer take on this. What is the difference between a catfish and an attorney? One is a bottom dwelling scum sucker and the other one is a fish!

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So glad to hear. We don’t need any specifics but that was one of the best stories and soap operas these forums have had! Lot of support for you. I think we were all pretty incensed and felt how violating that would be at your story. Great outcome! New Raptor...that Rocks!

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OK, so no detailed explanation as per agreement: Check
No pictures or video per agreement: Check
Happy, Happy, Happy for you! : Check

Details about this stealth video cam that saved your @$$: Umm....umm....umm

Flatom

Reaction score
I would now consider the situation to be resolved. The GM bent over backwards to make things right. I am really impressed with his professionalism.

I’ve agreed not to ever post the video. The owner worked so hard to fix things, I wouldn’t want any negative publicity to come to his business as a result of this mechanic. It’s not the GM’s fault what the mechanic did and the GM did everything he could to address it to my satisfaction.

I’m sorry to all those waiting for the video. It’s not THAT exciting though - no jumping or burnouts.

I will see if I can post a pic of the dash cam install that some have asked for.
Please post a picture of the install. Show it in a new thread so it does not get lost.

Last edited: