Ford Premium Care Extended Service Plan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just purchased the Premium care, 6 year, 85k, 0 deductible, plus lighting for 1580 from Zeigler. Use the code payinfull for a nice discount. Pretty solid.

Any of you purchase the maintenance plans? Thinking about adding one of those as well. Question is, oil changes every 5k or 7500? Synthetic or is blend fine?

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just purchased the Premium care, 6 year, 85k, 0 deductible, plus lighting for 1580 from Zeigler. Use the code payinfull for a nice discount. Pretty solid.

Any of you purchase the maintenance plans? Thinking about adding one of those as well. Question is, oil changes every 5k or 7500? Synthetic or is blend fine?
premium care is good especially with the lighting.

don't do the maintenance. I did on my 18'. didnt end up worth it for me because I ended up trading it in after 36k miles when I got the 21'. I got the ford pass rewards credit card this time instead. Its a work credit card and I usually spend $900-$1,000 per month. about half for gas and half for other miscellaneous tools, supplies, etc. and I rack up about 3,000-4,000 points per month. I get an oil change every 5,000 miles (roughly every three months) cost is about 11,000 to 12,000 points to have it done. basically I have it done free every time. if you subtract all that it doesn't make sense because all your getting covered is a brake job or two in 100,000 miles and spark plugs a belt etc

If you want to pay out of pocket for the oil changes then the points you rack up over that time would pay for those instead. filters and the other things it covers are trivial

I guess for piece of mind its a good thing because your prices are basically locked in for the services at todays price.

In my case I got the card when I got the 21' after the purchase I had 88,000 points saved up. and right now after 11 months and when I get the next oil change I will still have 87,000 points

Last edited:

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I forgot to mention the ford pass credit card gives you a $200 statement credit at the end of a 12 month period if you spend $6,000 in that year. It also periodically will give you a statement credit of $50 if you spend $700 in a month. November they offered that and I spent $900. if you add those in to, that would actually cover the brakes and then some.

I got my $200 after six months and my 12 math period starts over in February.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you wouldn't spend that much then all bets are off. Just giving insight on other options that could be more beneficial. points are worth $1 per 200 points. at that rate I think I rack up about $200 of credit per year plus the $200 at the end of the year and the random $50. roughly $450/yr basically $2,700-$3,600 over the period of 6 - 8 yrs. Free instead of paying up front for a plan which would cover you for the 6 or 8 yr plan. Just looked at FloodFord for the 8 year 100,000 miles 5000 mile service schedule they want $2,705 and not the 7500 mile interval they want $1,965

Far better deal than the maintenance plan.

NO BRAINER if you ask me

Last edited:

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally got around to biting the bullet. Called Zeigler and got 6 years 125k ESP for $1305 out the door.

FREEZE451

Reaction score
I plan to pull the trigger on this. Was curious, has anyone ever been questioned about having 37's instead of 35's and nullifying the warranty?

MZRaptor

Reaction score
Absolute rock bottom pricing from Brooke at Granger Ford ([email protected]). Emailed her for a quote (VIN, mileage, date of purchase), and she was able to come in lower than the other common names (Flood, Zeigler, etc). Was also able to use my Ford Pass points. Super easy process, very transparent. Couldn't be happier. Gets my full, unqualified recommendation.

EDIT: I stand corrected - Zeigler actually seems lower than what I paid now by a bit, especially with the promo code. In any case I was happy with my experience with Granger, and thankfully the price difference isn't huge. But for sure business goes to the lowest bidder!

Last edited:

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Absolute rock bottom pricing from Brooke at Granger Ford ([email protected]). Emailed her for a quote (VIN, mileage, date of purchase), and she was able to come in lower than the other common names (Flood, Zeigler, etc). Was also able to use my Ford Pass points. Super easy process, very transparent. Couldn't be happier. Gets my full, unqualified recommendation.

EDIT: I stand corrected - Zeigler actually seems lower than what I paid now by a bit, especially with the promo code. In any case I was happy with my experience with Granger, and thankfully the price difference isn't huge. But for sure business goes to the lowest bidder!
As long as you didn't get it from the dealer ypu are winning!