Ford picked up order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan33

Reaction score
What does it mean if my dealer told me that Ford has "picked up my order"?. My dealer called me today and told me the news. I placed the order in early February for a 22'. Bad news is he told me bead lock wheels are not available so they had to be removed.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea turn around time after the dealer picks up the allocation?
My dealer called me the week before my VIN was issued with a similar message. When my VIN was issued the message from Ford was that my production week was 8/8. Two weeks later, they sent me an update that my new production week was 8/1. That is where I am sitting now. If you don't get a message this Thursday or next Thursday (the day of the week that they issue VINs), I would call the salesperson back and inquire. But, if they called you, you should see a VIN and initial production week date soon.

Once you get your VIN, you can track it on the Ford tracker with the VIN and Order Number.

CP312

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does it mean if my dealer told me that Ford has "picked up my order"?. My dealer called me today and told me the news. I placed the order in early February for a 22'. Bad news is he told me bead lock wheels are not available so they had to be removed.
Where are you? I’ll sell you my bead locks. I’m taking then off soon.

akarocket

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I ordered Jan. 31st. I have been told Ford picked up my order right after July 4th, no VIN yet though. Fully loaded 37 package with no bed liner or auto start stop. I have heard nothing on the bead lock wheels, although the 37 package may be different.

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea turn around time after the dealer picks up the allocation?
Could be weeks, could be months. Honestly, I would just prepare for the worst and not get in any hurry to see it. You can see my signature for my personal experience (which is about as long as it can get I think). Good luck!

JD03Cobra

Reaction score
I put my order in on Jan 29th. I'm told production is set for 8/29. Typically it should only take a week or so to get it but like mentioned above, there could be many reasons why it gets held up. Especially with the part shortages. I'm just going to assume November, anything earlier is icing on the cake.

Last edited: