Ford Perimeter Plus alarm, yea or nay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had my perimeter alarm add on for over a year now. As others have mentioned it adds a shock sensor to the system. Lights flash and it will notify on FordPass. But I don’t remember if those items were part of the system already.

I had my sensitivity cranked all the way up to detect door handles checkers. The system will put out a warning beep chirp on the first detection if it’s light. Then it will do two more, before letting the full blown alarm go off. These trucks have a decently loud horn at that.

I had to turn the sensitivity down after a while. Loud cars, bikes, trains and thunder was constantly setting it off. Loud thunder or a train will still upset it however. But playing with the door handle gets kicked up too. In a downtown parking garage things get noisy. It’s pretty good I think however and just another deterrent with notification.

It’s super simple to install and believe me the zip ties that come with it, work well. I tied it to the module right next to where it mounts.

Only gripe I really have is you can’t bypass the shock sensor. I have the truck set to prompt me when exiting to disable perimeter senors or something like that. But even if I select this, I cannot bypass the shock. I gather this only disables the roof radar I imagine.

I’d do it again though.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How did you get it so cheap?
Well it was probably a year ago if that makes a difference. But I just searched the net and found a dealer somewhere in the country selling them for a great price. Not sure if I chucked the paperwork but can look.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like I got mine from Fairway via eBay at the time. It was cheaper back then.

Noticed this however. Looks to be the same. Unless you wanted to use those FordPass points, Fairway will take them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-OE...d=link&campid=5338805043&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
I just ordered it from Fairway Ford. Really nice guy in parts made it easy to use my Pass points. It's nice to see they do most items FREE shipping since Tasca is hosing everyone for shipping now. That's a great deal on ebay.

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just ordered it from Fairway Ford. Really nice guy in parts made it easy to use my Pass points. It's nice to see they do most items FREE shipping since Tasca is hosing everyone for shipping now. That's a great deal on ebay.
Just spoke to Fairway today. They will take my Lincoln and FordPass points. Have to order something else from them. They seem good to work with.