Ford Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to FP today. Looks like tune won't be ready until mid summer. As for exhaust, no performance improvement, just tone and as we know it's made by Borla. This is what I imagined. Looks like those are the only things in the works so far. Looks like I'll have to go with Boostmax in meantime.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They told me they had suspension parts and wheels in the works too.

"We have a calibration coming in a couple of months. It will provide additional horsepower and torque. We also have suspension parts in development, beadlocks and exhaust upgrades coming soon. Watch our parts site for announcements. https://performanceparts.ford.com/"

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to FP today. Looks like tune won't be ready until mid summer. As for exhaust, no performance improvement, just tone and as we know it's made by Borla. This is what I imagined. Looks like those are the only things in the works so far. Looks like I'll have to go with Boostmax in meantime.

Careful, if you are doing boostmax you will need to forego the FP tune, don't want to end up over boosted. Unless of course, it won't be too much or if boostmax will release an update to the FP tune.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about that, 5 Star and Livernois have tunes coming.

Boostmax is a just a piggyback and very limited in what it can do, nothing wrong with that but by far the best gains will come from a good ECU tune.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea on the HP gain for the Ford performance tune? Im interested in the FP tune as it will retain the factory warranty still.

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about that, 5 Star and Livernois have tunes coming.

Boostmax is a just a piggyback and very limited in what it can do, nothing wrong with that but by far the best gains will come from a good ECU tune.

Best gains definitely with a full tune but then you loose your warranty......no thanks.

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A piggy back could just as easily "void your warranty" as a tune

True but the point is a tune definitely voids your warranty. With a Piggy back that is non traceable once removed the dealer would have to prove it which I doubt would happen.