Ford Performance Rear Diff cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did mine today...

View attachment 146874 View attachment 146875 View attachment 146876 View attachment 146877

Cover popped right off. Stoned and cleaned the mating surface. Lube Locker gasket, provided screws torqued to 14ftlbs. Filled with Amsoil gear oil.

Now I gotta paint the axle.

I recommend using rust converter. I wiped Corroseal on every Axle and exposed surface that was prone to this annoying rust. It turned the rust to a nice black. Job done. Looks great.

Sunder

Reaction score
Does anyone know when Banks is going to have their Diff Cover available for the Ford axle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghost rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased the identical diff cover... The poor man's version that doesn't have the Ford Performance Badge. Includes new bolts and gasket. It has the Dana logo or something on it. Cost less than half the price on Amazon. With the money I saved I bought some hight test lube and a Lube Locker gasket and still had money left for a great case of beers.
I did the same thing for my Gen 1. just a side note, apparently Ford changed the diff oil weight for Gen 2's as my recommended oil weight is 75W-140 Rear Synthetic Axle Lubricant. I wonder why they changed?

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, Im about to change my cover with the Ford performance one and Lube locker gasket, but I need some clarification on torque specs for the mounting bolts. I've done some searching and have seen everything from 14 to 22, 24, and 33ft lbs. What's the consensus? Did you use stock bolts or the replacement ones that came with the cover?

Thanks for your feedback

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey all, Im about to change my cover with the Ford performance one and Lube locker gasket, but I need some clarification on torque specs for the mounting bolts. I've done some searching and have seen everything from 14 to 22, 24, and 33ft lbs. What's the consensus? Did you use stock bolts or the replacement ones that came with the cover?

Thanks for your feedback
I would use the new bolts since they’re designed for the cover. If they don’t provide a torque spec in the instructions, I would torque the bolts to the factory spec of 33 lb-ft.

650Raptor2

Reaction score
Very nice! I installed a AFE diff cover now that it is on future changes will be very easy.
The AFE has a site glass and a magnetic fill plug which is a bonus.
Looks awesome