Ford Performance Rear Diff cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sunder

Reaction score
There is a thread on here that the guys at Gale Banks did with transparent copies of different diff covers and what happens to the oil inside when the gears are spinning...very enlightening! Squared off covers perform very poorly as far as lubing and cooling the gears, even though they hold more fluid.

Go with a cover that matches the internal contour of the factory cover. The Ford Performance one is good, but there are several others that are aluminum and some even have big fins hanging down, perfect to get ripped off the truck by the first available rock....Of course, if you're a pavement driving mall crawler, then get the square diff cover and throw on a lift kit while you're at it...
Here is the response I just got back from Banks:

Howdy, it's Steve with Banks Social Media, thanks for messaging us. Sorry for the delayed response. We are still a ways out from a finished cover for the F-150 trucks. Right now the engineering team is focused on the current gen GM, Ford, and Cummins HD diff covers. Development for additional trucks is expected to start in later this year. As of now, we are not sure of the exact vehicles that we will be working on yet. Here are the current diff covers in development:

Awaiting manufacturing release:
Sterling 10.25 & 10.5 12" bolt (86-19 F250/F350s) - ETA: July 2020

Under development:
Dana 80 (94-02 Ram 5.9, F350/450 99-07) ⁠ - ETA: Aug. 2020
Dana M275 - Ford '17+ (F250 HD/F350 SRW)⁠ - ETA: Sept. 2020
Dana M300 - Ford '17-'19 (F350 DRW/F450)⁠ ⁠ - ETA: N/A
AAM 12", 14 Bolt- GM 2020+, Ram 2019+ ⁠ - ETA: N/A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks awesome!!! Being able to add the support kit is a winner too. Just made up my mind to go with LPW! Made in America to boot.

I’m out of the group buy, sorry...

Sunder

Reaction score
That looks awesome!!! Being able to add the support kit is a winner too. Just made up my mind to go with LPW! Made in America to boot.

I’m out of the group buy, sorry...
Forgive my ignorance, but what is this “support kit” and what is the benefit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's another really good looking diff cover, includes main cap support too....AND....it's available!!

https://www.nitro-gear.com/Ford-9-75-Nitro-Finned-Cover-p/np1804.htm
This is a nice diff cover, but I wouldn’t recommend installing on our Raptors. I’m the OP of this tread and I did a lot of research before deciding on the Ford Performance, also known as the Spicer, and these two are the only diff covers I’m aware if that have the factory contour to create the oil flow, the Ford engineers intended for the gears.