Ford Performance rear diff cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been watching these as they have been posted. Waiting for part 3.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
the inside of the spicer cover is smooth, just like the factory cover, but the metal is obviously much thicker.

I paid 119 via amazon for mine. ( added to my wish list and got lucky on the price dropping.)

I put it on there bc it is more resistant to peeling off than the factory cover.

I would not have changed it out if the foutz differential skid worked on 18s.

The only true way to lower differential temps is to run a full differential cooler with pump. I dont push my truck hard enough to require that. you'd still be fighting cavitation anyway, plus youd have to worry about protecting the whole config.

I run a diff cooler on my track rat, but only because it holds way less fluid, and my temp sensor kept ******* just south of 300 degrees and i started to get worried about the decrease in the oil viscosity/consistency/lubrication efficiency at those temps. my truck doesn't come close to boiling over like that.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interested to see the final piece. Everyone seems to be posting pictures of the back of the cover. It would seem we need to focus more on the inside shape. For those who have installed or are installing, please post both inside and outside pics.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a big reason I went with FOMOCO. The cooling fins are a gimmick.

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does he ever actually give the results? The man can drag out a topic....

Haha man I know, he's terrible to watch.

Interested to see the final piece. Everyone seems to be posting pictures of the back of the cover. It would seem we need to focus more on the inside shape. For those who have installed or are installing, please post both inside and outside pics.

Ill post a pic of both when I do mine in the next little bit here if no one has first. I bought the Ford Performance diff cover