Ford Performance Oil Filters Leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The racing filter is better constructed for racing demands. Stronger for higher oil pressure and physical strength, more pleats and bigger for higher flow and capacity. I bet it’s the same element material, just more of it. But, the racing filter has the same micron rating as the cheaper ford filter. If we change our oil every 5k miles or so, the racing filter is just a waste. Your not getting any benefits. IE: better filtration. It is cool tho.

OP
OP
J

JCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put another Ford Racing filter on and was very careful to lubricate the gasket, and this one seems to be leaking as well. So frustrating. I wonder if there is another issue. I'm going to switch back to the stock filter and see if the leak goes away.

I wonder if the dozen Ford Racing filters that I bought have a defect?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The racing filter is better constructed for racing demands. Stronger for higher oil pressure and physical strength, more pleats and bigger for higher flow and capacity. I bet it’s the same element material, just more of it. But, the racing filter has the same micron rating as the cheaper ford filter. If we change our oil every 5k miles or so, the racing filter is just a waste. Your not getting any benefits. IE: better filtration. It is cool tho.
I mean it is 4x more $$ than the Fl500s but wtf it's only $20. I only change my oil twice a year so I splurge.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put another Ford Racing filter on and was very careful to lubricate the gasket, and this one seems to be leaking as well. So frustrating. I wonder if there is another issue. I'm going to switch back to the stock filter and see if the leak goes away.

I wonder if the dozen Ford Racing filters that I bought have a defect?
Thats pretty ****** off. Try a Fram. HP4 ? Perhaps take a chisel and scrape the mating surface to verify?