Ford Performance Diff Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MrSkunks

MrSkunks

Reaction score
Installed the diff last weekend. Used the included gasket and got it down to 20 ft lbs. 14 just didn’t seem like enough.

No leaks as of yet. Threw in some amsoil 75w-140

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 2's are ford performance trucks not SVT. SVT went out after the Gen 1's..
Haha no shit. I had to check for a quick minute there that I was still in the first Gen forums. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gasket came with. Just tight the bolts a bit more. I did maybe 1/6-1/4 turn. But make sure you cleaned off the old sealant.
tightened the bolts up. no more leak. 14lbs on the torque doesn't seem tight at all.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with a mag hytec. Think their instructions was 16ft/lb. I went a smidge over on a few bolts but I doubt 1-2lb will do anything negative.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That low torque spec is to protect the gasket from distorting. A standard sheet metal cover will start to bend and dent in at the bolt holes at those pressures. The cover isn't a structural component so it doesn't need a lot of clamping force, just needs not to leak.