Ford penny pinching on 2020's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgkdds

Reaction score
I’m grateful they quit with the spring loaded cup holders. Pain in the ass. My wife has them in her 2018 expedition and I hate those cup holders. So this is good news if or when my 2020 ever comes in.

Last edited:

mgkdds

Reaction score
I’m glad they haven’t decided to put that wheel gear select. That thing really blows. I lost my hand rest with all the years of muscle memory of my f150s

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I put it in gear once without looking and floored it, I ran over 3 orphans.

Seriously though, I never look at what gear I put it in. If it feels weird, or just revs when I floor it, I may look down, or just drop it down a notch. My muscle memory must be badass.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you imagine all those poor fools who drive a manual transmission car that doesn't have ANY lights anywhere in the vehicle that tell them what gear the transmission is in? What do those people do? How horrible it must be for them to always have to guess without just knowing their vehicle by feel, etc! ;)

But you at least take a look at the gearing before taking off in a manual. Gotta know where the R is in the pattern.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can say when your driving a manual and if you have to look at what gear your when shifting, it better be a new car to you or don’t plan to be a race car driver lol.

it’s kind of the same after you own a particular automatic transmission vehicle. You start to feel where the shift to points are on the shifter. I still tend to look at the dash as I’m doing it.

Now let me ask and maybe @FordTechOne knows the answer why. But why is there that delay when shifting into reverse on these trucks before you are actually in reverse? Is that the best they could do on this trans or is the delay purpose built into the functionality For safety, etc?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can say when your driving a manual and if you have to look at what gear your when shifting, it better be a new car to you or don’t plan to be a race car driver lol.

it’s kind of the same after you own a particular automatic transmission vehicle. You start to feel where the shift to points are on the shifter. I still tend to look at the dash as I’m doing it.

Now let me ask and maybe @FordTechOne knows the answer why. But why is there that delay when shifting into reverse on these trucks before you are actually in reverse? Is that the best they could do on this trans or is the delay purpose built into the functionality For safety, etc?

Interesting, I haven't noticed a delay into reverse in the 10R any more than any other automatic transmission. My truck takes about 1 second to switch between D and R. Is yours different?

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The 6 speeds in my 2011 and 2014 F150s also had a slight delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.