GEN 2 Ford Pass on IOS14 battery drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gunner Retz

Reaction score
I went so far as to chat with the FordPass folks and the person I was chatting with said it was the phone’s fault and not the app. I sent her screen shots of my 69% FP usage and she still claimed it was Apple’s fault. Dumped the app then reloaded and haven’t had the problem since.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went so far as to chat with the FordPass folks and the person I was chatting with said it was the phone’s fault and not the app. I sent her screen shots of my 69% FP usage and she still claimed it was Apple’s fault. Dumped the app then reloaded and haven’t had the problem since.
I did the same. Full delete and fresh install and it still did it. Anyone else having luck? I haven't had it for a week or so now, I keep checking for an update and haven't seen one on the app version yet.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine worked okay with the new iOS V14 for a couple days, but then I had 2 days in a row where it was using over 60% of my battery. I first tried deleting and reinstalling it, and that didn't help, so I've deleted the app for now. Hoping they come out with a fix soon!

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve used F/P a few times since the app was upgraded, did --not-- delete and reinstall, and no longer have the crazy battery drain. The phone says my battery is at 86% capacity pretty consistently.

I know that right after the IOS upgrades the phone battery usage can get a little... intense, but you have to watch for a runaway app. I’ve had that twice before. once was the alarm clock; it was literally the only thing running and it was literally draining the battery just a touch faster than it would charge.

I don’t remember the 2nd one, and finally FordPass.

I think I’m back to the status quo.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think mine is working again. 1% today. Must have updated something. There was an update for iOS 14

NorCalSteve

Reaction score
I started having the battery drain last week. Deleted Ford app and reinstalled and was fine for about a week. Today it’s draining again... I’ll try again.

EastEndAngler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to ditch FP about 2 weeks ago, tried everything and was always killing my battery (iphone 12 Pro) - you'd think a company like Ford would have half the brains to develop an app that doesn't contain such a glaring flaw.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never found FordPass to be the culprit when IOS14 came out. With patches of the OS and some other apps, not to mention tweaking the phone settings. It cleared up.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely found FordPass to be the culprit on my phone. I wouldn't even have opened FordPass up for the day, and it would have used 80+% of my phone battery according to the battery usage info. I deleted it a couple months ago and haven't had battery issues since. Maybe I'll download it again sometime soon to see if the issues start up again afterward...

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think the issue has gotten better but may not be resolved. I didn’t have to delete / reinstall the app, but what I did do was use Fordpass and close it when I was done. I found that using it and leaving it open would drain the phone battery from background processing.

I’ve been leaving FordPass up of late and did have one day recently when I had unusually high battery usage but checking the battery log, it was mostly phone, face time safari, and my bluetooth grill thermometer.

So it’s been working ok for me lately. If you’re having the battery drain issue, and you’re using FordPass, don’t leave it open on the phone. Once you’re done using it, close the app out until whatever needs fixing gets fixed.