GEN 2 Ford Pass on IOS14 battery drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FordPass was a big culprit. Also had a problem with wireless charging. Just barely worked, unless you powered down the phone and powered it back up. Read this was a problem with the betas as well. After a few days, this hasn’t been a problem however. Maybe the phone finished reindexing after a couple of days and charging normality was restored. Hopefully this is not the new normal either.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Turn off the location in settings for the app. Fixed mine. Now only accesses location when I use the app.

Mine was already set to not use location while not in use. Today I checked - before the F/P update was pushed and I have Ford Pass closed, but, it still has 26 minutes of background activity.

I also had the issue with the Ford app. I uninstalled it and all was well, for a few hours.

However, I now see that Waze is doing the same thing!
Waze came up for me initially, but not lately. It was weird because I hadn’t used waze in months.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
aha! it’s not just me. I also had the heating element syndrome with the phone while FordPass was active, forgot to mention about the heat.

Hey, at least it’s not a galaxy note or we’d be in the hospital with 3rd degree burns!

If you had a real phone like a Galaxy Note you could just use this below and wouldn't have had that issue.

SmartSelect_20200925-080222_Device care.jpg

SmartSelect_20200925-080958_Device care.jpg

Also it happens more on iPhones:

SmartSelect_20200925-080624_Google.jpg

Last edited:

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also had the issue with the Ford app. I uninstalled it and all was well, for a few hours.

However, I now see that Waze is doing the same thing!
Waze was killing my battery - so, even though it's an Israeli company, I dumped it. I use mostly Google unless I'm in Israel.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
do a hard reboot.....you had an app hang and draw resources. happens every now and then. I had it happen after i did the update as well.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Just purchased a new Note 20 Ultra and Ford app. wouldn't start my truck so I did a Google search and it was stated several places that a master reset had to be done.

A hard reboot worked so all settings on vehicle weren't reset to factory default.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having the same issue again today. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Over 60% is the ford pass. What's odd is when I go to general>background app refresh the ford pass app isn't listed to turn on/off background refresh! You guys are seeing it as available? All my other apps are listed...I even did a hard reboot of the phone and still doesn't show up. My 11 pro will last two days on a charge and I use it a lot. With the damn FP app I'm halfway through a day and it's down to 40%. App update didn't fix anything...