GEN 2 Ford Pass on IOS14 battery drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I upgrade my iPhone x to IOS 14 and noticed almost immediately a HUGE battery drain - as in down to zero within about 10 hours. I’m barely using the phone during the day.

Checked the internet and lots of blogging heads offer that this is normal behavior offer some minor tweak here or there, but I checked and battery settings showed Ford Pass using something like 71% and almost all in the background, so I killed it. Next day, I barely used any battery at all. I fired it up again to send an address to the truck nav. Again, it whacked my iPhone’s battery in about 4 hours.

shut it down, charged up overnight and has been fine all day.

Anyone else or is it just me?

ktownsensation

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep I had the same thing happen to my phone with the app. I deleted it completely and re installed it and haven't had the problem since.

T

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same, just went into the app store and the app has an update as of today. Hopefully the bug fix addresses the 14 battery drain. Mine was showing 91% which is bloody insane. I noticed my phone was getting hot too. I have an 11 pro, so likely a lot worse for those of you with older phones. I have noticed that you'll have bugs like this when they do an iOS update.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
aha! it’s not just me. I also had the heating element syndrome with the phone while FordPass was active, forgot to mention about the heat.

Hey, at least it’s not a galaxy note or we’d be in the hospital with 3rd degree burns!

El Robo

Reaction score
Yep, After upgrading to IOS 14 Ford Pass is using 75% off my battery usage and draining my XS Max in just 5 Hours!
Does anyone know when the Ford App will be fixed?

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, After upgrading to IOS 14 Ford Pass is using 75% off my battery usage and draining my XS Max in just 5 Hours!
Does anyone know when the Ford App will be fixed?
@El Robo did you see the post by @Proflyer saying that there was an app update yesterday? Did you try that?
Same, just went into the app store and the app has an update as of today. Hopefully the bug fix addresses the 14 battery drain. Mine was showing 91% which is bloody insane. I noticed my phone was getting hot too. I have an 11 pro, so likely a lot worse for those of you with older phones. I have noticed that you'll have bugs like this when they do an iOS update.
If you have already installed the new update, did you see this post where @ktownsensation recommended deleting and reinstalling the app?
Yep I had the same thing happen to my phone with the app. I deleted it completely and re installed it and haven't had the problem since.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I noticed that when I installed the beta back in June. I did a network reset and it fixed it until beta 3 came out then I just had to do another reset. I haven't noticed it again since the gold version came out.

I have noticed that the default car (I have 2 on my ford pass) no longer stays and I need to put in a pin code and confirm almost every time.