Ford order confirmation email

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you've received an order confirmation email from Ford with your name and the dealership name, does this mean the dealership has an allocation and now it's just a waiting game?

MGSER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NOPE, it only means Dealer spend sometime to put your info in while ordering. Nothing to do with allocation.

LennyMoe

Reaction score
I didn't receive a single email regarding my order, which as @MGSER only means that they didn't take the time to enter my email address when they placed the order. It's honestly crazy to me how some of these dealerships still operate - it's like they're stuck in 1997 using dot matrix printers and placing orders using computer software that looks like it could run on MS-DOS. Meanwhile, we got an Audi for my fiance, and they used a massive tablet-touchscreen table to sign all of the documents, then they handed over a flash drive and said, "here you go, all important documents pertaining to your new vehicle are loaded on here."

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
might be totally wrong but I was told by a few dealers that if they dont have allocations they can't submit an order because it can't be processed. they can only sit down with you take your money mock up an order and keep it in there file with a stack of others and submit them when they get the allocation.

Maybe they all lie just to get the sale. so frustrating. just be honest I am sure we are all willing to wait. No choice at this point.

M60gunr

Reaction score
might be totally wrong but I was told by a few dealers that if they dont have allocations they can't submit an order because it can't be processed. they can only sit down with you take your money mock up an order and keep it in there file with a stack of others and submit them when they get the allocation.

Maybe they all lie just to get the sale. so frustrating. just be honest I am sure we are all willing to wait. No choice at this point.
You would think that would be the case. No Allocation, no Order Confirmation.

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take this for what its worth. Ford performance has confirmed and even went through the trouble of finding the error code it would be in the system (cant remember it off the top of my head). If you are "unscheduled Clean" there is an allocation. If there was no allocation it would have whatever that error code is. when you look it up it says something to the effect of over allocation or no allocation.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take this for what its worth. Ford performance has confirmed and even went through the trouble of finding the error code it would be in the system (cant remember it off the top of my head). If you are "unscheduled Clean" there is an allocation. If there was no allocation it would have whatever that error code is. when you look it up it says something to the effect of over allocation or no allocation.
Dealer can put in as many orders as they want, but they won't get scheduled without an allocation. Ask these guys lol

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer can put in as many orders as they want, but they won't get scheduled without an allocation. Ask these guys lol

The point was if you are showing unscheduled clean there is an allocation. Commodity restriction or chip shortage doesn’t change if there was an allocation. If the dealer put 30 orders in and only had 2, 28 people would show an error code when they called in. I was one of the people who got pushed to a 22. Did some decent research to find out if they had an allocation or not.