Ford Oil Change Program

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottblack20

Reaction score
So I went to Ford instead of doing the oil myself. I was informed that if you start prior to 50K and use the high end oil Ford will warranty the motor and any oil lubed parts up $8,000 for life of the motor as long as you do not skip any oil changes.

has anyone heard of this?? if its accurate information its no brainer and why wouldn't everyone do it?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I went to Ford instead of doing the oil myself. I was informed that if you start prior to 50K and use the high end oil Ford will warranty the motor and any oil lubed parts up $8,000 for life of the motor as long as you do not skip any oil changes.

has anyone heard of this?? if its accurate information its no brainer and why wouldn't everyone do it?
Not true at all. Sounds like a dealership “warranty” to get people to service their vehicles with them.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Well with a new motor installed running around $14,000, go tell them to pound sand , and what @FordTechOne said. Pretty sick F UKS to try and fool customers like this.

BeAUnique1

Reaction score
I agree! The dealership service departments want you to give you the opportunity of free inspections so they can find and/or create something to repair.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the fortune of having a good reliable dealership and service manager. Yes they do additional inspections as I would hope. I am always the final say on suggested repairs. As my Gen 3 is under warranty I will take her to the service department for all oil changed while under warranty so there is NO excuse that it was done incorrectly or the oil/filter was not "approved". Yes it costs me about $90 for the service that I could have done at "Jiffy" what ever for $35 but I will pay that no worries to maintain the pretense of "covered by warranty" issues.

wagner262

Reaction score
I own a lube shop. Those warranties are usually through the oil companies. I believe valveline has one. I have never used it or tried up selling it. In fine print they are very specific on when oil changes have to be done and other maintenance requirements. Too many outs for the warranty to actually payout. Ford might have something similar or it might be through their oil supplier. I wouldn't trust it