Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Ford Oasis report has me nervious

Discussion in '2013 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only)' started by Berky, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Berky

Berky Full Access Member

I found a used 2013 Raptor with the color 801 package and options that I am looking for. It only has 8700 miles on the clock and the AutoCheck report the dealer provided is clean. I can purchase it delivered to my door for 45k + tax.

I have never used CarFax or AutoCheck before, but it doesn't show any registered owner. Basically it goes from the factory to dealer with 10 miles then shows up an an auction with 8700 as a "Manufacturer Vehicle".

The sales guy disclosed that there is a report on the Oasis system that shows a $22,000 repair done by the "factory." He also said that the vehicle was a "Green Light vehicle" and if for any reason, they could return it to the auction for a refund. He said that his Tech would look over the vehicle, but the Oasis report doesn't show what was repaired.

It is still under warranty, but I also don't want to buy a can of worms. What are your thoughts.

2. Marcs

Marcs Full Access Member

Run Forest Run!

3. Rookie

Rookie Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

$22k is a lot of repairs. I'd pass personally

4. fjcoop

fjcoop Full Access Member

Someone knows what $22k bought. Odd that is such a mystery.. I would sit this one out or any business deal like it. I mean nearly 50% of the purchase price is the cost of a repair.

5. Berky

Berky Full Access Member

Opps, posted in the wrong forum.

My gut is telling me to run. I just can believe that the factory would dump that much money to fix it up. I mean, what does it cost Ford to make this vehicle in the first place?

6. FullAuto

FullAuto FRF Addict

You can find a low mileage 2013 Screw w/801 without that history for a little more.

7. Berky

Berky Full Access Member

What if I mis-heard him and it was only 2 thousand? (Doing this over the phone) Would that change your opinion? I just really want a Raptor

8. twinturbonium

twinturbonium Full Access Member

Take your time… don't rush into anything… there are good deals everywhere if you're willing to look and wait. Take it from someone who semi rushed into his raptor and doesn't necessarily regret it… but wouldn't mind different options.

9. Huck

Huck FRF Addict

was it one of those raptors that showed up in pics on here that looked like someone dropped i-beams on them?

10. Icecobra

Icecobra FRF Addict

Don't let owning a Raptor turn in to a night mare, but that is me..