Ford Motorcraft battery for Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I see group 48 and 94 listed on Rock Auto site.
Looks like the one shown fits.
Head to Costco, tell them what your driving, and they will verify fitment.
Good luck

Last edited:

Mr H

Reaction score
lucky....i've never seen a battery go more than 4-5 years here in the desert. 3-4 months of 90-100 degree heat kills them. back in my diesel days it was especially painful since you had to replace both batts.

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use my local Ford dealer for routine service. With the original purchase of the truck and five oil changes since new, I had enough Ford points (didn't even know they were worth anything) to buy a new OEM AGM battery for my truck for half price, $131.00.

I tow my truck behind my diesel pusher motorhome and there have been a few reported incidents where the transmission hand-grenaded while being towed. No one knows why. The Broncos are having the same issue. There was some speculation the battery was going dead while towing. So, out of caution, I changed mine at 5 years.

Attachments

• IMG_5122.jpg
    IMG_5122.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 12

bwep

Reaction score
My original lasted 9 years. Part # BXT65850 (65) Motorcraft
850 CCA was stock. I got the best price from Ford parts .com. Put order in threw website and picked up at local dealership.

Follow up....
Well unfortunately my second Motorcraft battery did not last the 9 years my original one did.
This one only lasted 2 1/2 years.
Good news was Ford has a 3 year replacement warranty, Dealership supplied new one 0 charge.

btkeenan

Reaction score
Original Motorcraft lasted about 5 years for me. Bought a replacement Motorcraft one from the local dealership and it lasted 3 years and a week (3yr warranty). Went with the AGM from interstate for around $160 and haven’t had any issues with it going on 4 years now

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$160 for an AGM especially Interstate sounds like a good price. Where did you get that deal?
Congrats !!