Ford Lightning Raptor 2025

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford missed the boat. the raptor econoline would have been perfect. ok. maybe not.

In seriousness I would have loved the excursion raptor. that isn't true to the purpose of the raptor but it would have been sweet from the factory. even the expedition now.

Is it wrong that I’m envisioning a windowless Transit Raptor???

its not wrong if you dont think me envisioning a full size suv raptor is wrong

Attachments

• 1660259111755.png
    1660259111755.png
    1 MB · Views: 21

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
btw. I dont see a Ford Lightning Raptor, unless they build in some sort of gas or propane generator that can recharge the beast when your battery dies in the middle of off-road trip. I dont see there being any charging stations in the middle of nowhere. the range will be shit.

The hummer EV is 10k lbs and very capable but its no desert racer. that much weight might not work as well in a high speed desert racer slow trail riding and rockcrawling fine. high speed ev might not work offroad on the road yes.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford missed the boat. the raptor econoline would have been perfect. ok. maybe not.

In seriousness I would have loved the excursion raptor. that isn't true to the purpose of the raptor but it would have been sweet from the factory. even the expedition now.

its not wrong if you dont think me envisioning a full size suv raptor is wrong

I would ducking buy that in a heart beat.

That is a RAPTOR EXCURSION if I ever saw one. 7.3 FREAKCOBOOST

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I can't see a maverick raptor happening. No one buys a maverick wishing there was a more offroad trim.

...and yet:
  • The new Tremor package is available on XLT and Lariat series trucks and includes a 1-inch lift for greater ground clearance, exclusive Trail Control™, unique off-road-tailored front and rear suspension, advanced all-wheel drive with four-wheel-drive lock and 2.0-liter EcoBoost® engine

https://media.ford.com/content/ford.../01/new-maverick-tremor-off-road-package.html

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting on the Festiva Raptor.

Everything old eventually becomes new again. Somebody is going to remake the AMC Eagle eventually, and a Festiva Raptor could be just the sexed up retro-modern interpretation we didn't know we needed.

HK92

Reaction score
btw. I dont see a Ford Lightning Raptor, unless they build in some sort of gas or propane generator that can recharge the beast when your battery dies in the middle of off-road trip. I dont see there being any charging stations in the middle of nowhere. the range will be shit.

The hummer EV is 10k lbs and very capable but its no desert racer. that much weight might not work as well in a high speed desert racer slow trail riding and rockcrawling fine. high speed ev might not work offroad on the road yes.
I agree with this. EVs are heavy and meant to be low to the ground by their nature. The suspension needed to throw around the supposedly massive weight of a Lightning Raptor over the desert terrain simply doesn't exist currently. Would require major engineering efforts. In fact the whole concept of a Raptor would have to be redesigned.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm probably going to make a 2010 SCAB long travel lightning raptor before I'm done with this truck.