Ford Lightning Raptor 2025

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That was a whole pile of ignorance. Horsepower and fenders are what make a Raptor? Dumbfûck. EV Raptor would suck, sorry. Heavy-âss pig.
No doubt. But that won’t stop them from making it. How does the Pink Floyd song go? Money, Money, Money.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see an Ecoboost Raptor with the generator and motor in the transmission but with no batteries. Save on the weight, but get that instant torque while waiting on the turbos.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why does the pic looks like a ranger Lightning raptor . Also 75k MSRP won’t happen as platinum Lightning is already 92k.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No doubt. But that won’t stop them from making it. How does the Pink Floyd song go? Money, Money, Money.

They won't make an EV Raptor anytime soon because they don't need to in order to make money. I also don't think it will be as easy to convert from Lightning to Raptor as it was from F150 to Raptor.

The current Lightning can't even be lifted, as the geometry of rear shocks doesn't allow it. Either it was required to allow room for batteries, or intentional? Why would Ford do that intentionally? Because the range on a lifted Lightning probably goes to crap, and perhaps goes out of engineering safety, etc. Either way though, engineering an EV Raptor isn't going to be easy.

The article sort of brings up a good point though. Raptor sales are partly trophy truck, and when the Lightning starts crushing Raptor on street performance, some may prefer to go through Starbucks in a Lightning rather than Raptor.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but 2025 is too early.

And I can't see a maverick raptor happening. No one buys a maverick wishing there was a more offroad trim.