Ford isn't going to sell EVs direct...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Rather interesting. I read this to mean the Ford isn't 100% convinced that EVs are the future, but also doesn't want to be at a disadvantage when it comes to direct EV sales. Pushing dealerships to be more efficient in the sales process makes sense, particularly since dealerships can continue to make money on the service side.

Maybe more importantly, it does say that Ford doesn't think they'll be dropping all ICE vehicles in the near future. There would be no reason to have an opt out and be a ICE only dealership, it would be a matter of get on board or go away.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
A key part is being a Ford "e certified" or elite stealership. You make either of those commitments, and commit to transparent online pricing (probably only for electric vehicles). It's estimated to be half a mil for ecertified and over a mil to get e-certified elite. You're going to see quite a few pass on the electric sales.

it will be interesting how this shakes out. It would be even better if some of the blatantly absurd overcharging could cost them the e-certification for a few years.

OP
OP
melvimbe

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A key part is being a Ford "e certified" or elite stealership. You make either of those commitments, and commit to transparent online pricing (probably only for electric vehicles). It's estimated to be half a mil for ecertified and over a mil to get e-certified elite. You're going to see quite a few pass on the electric sales.

I believe your correct about MSRP pricing only on EVs. I also saw that Ford wants dealerships to specialize in EVs, ICE passenger, or commercial sales, with exceptions for the giants dealerships.

I do think quite a few dealerships are going to pass on certifying for EV. It doesn't make sense if you aren't located in a large population center with enough demand to sustain you. Of the 3 dealerships around me I've visited a few times, I think only 1 would do it....but certain would not if they were expected to give up ICE sales.

it will be interesting how this shakes out. It would be even better if some of the blatantly absurd overcharging could cost them the e-certification for a few years.

Perhaps what will happen is that some of the larger dealerships will just start up a 'sister' dealership for EV sales and service.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So Ford is pulling allocation for selling EVs over sticker, alot of dealerships are selling way over anyway.
Are they pulling or are they threatening to pull? Ford doesn't impress me the way they hold their dealers accountable. But maybe the woke dipshíts at corporate are all about protecting the EV market because climate change will kill us all by the year 2000 ....

Big Papa Gecko

2012 Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black (Sold)
Reaction score
Are they pulling or are they threatening to pull? Ford doesn't impress me the way they hold their dealers accountable. But maybe the woke dipshíts at corporate are all about protecting the EV market because climate change will kill us all by the year 2000 ....
As far as I know, threatening

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The medium to large stealership is not going to chance dumping .75 - 1.25 Mil and end up getting their allocations yanked for non compliance. The huge stealerships will be able to get away with it - I think it’s only a 2 year time out.

Big Papa Gecko

2012 Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black (Sold)
Reaction score
The medium to large stealership is not going to chance dumping .75 - 1.25 Mil and end up getting their allocations yanked for non compliance. The huge stealerships will be able to get away with it - I think it’s only a 2 year time out.
Been seeing them sell at 50k over like crazy. Meanwhile my new platinum pro is going to oregon at msrp