Ford is warning dealers to play nice or lose....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyler725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
being in the business for quite a long time I must say from a business perspective I love the current supply/demand rather then keeping tons of cars on the ground with long day supply. Just personal preference.

On the whole stealership thing; Ive never cared when a dealer does ADM. The store I have been with for 8 years does not do ADM, never have, never will. We just dont personally believe in it. We believe long term it kills your customer loyalty (we are not a ford store so please dont pm me for a raptor).
However, I dont have a problem with ADM as long as dealer is upfront about it. If someone chooses to pay it rather then ordering or waiting at an MSRP dealer then thats on the buyer IMO.

I do have a problem when dealers become shady about it. When they aren't upfront, or promise something and then change their mind. I feel like if you are going to charge an ADM then just be honest and upfront about it. Had a friend try to buy a subaru the other day and asked me to call the gm. I did and their policy was if you didnt trade something in they wouldnt sell you a new car since they had almost zero inventory. Although I dont like it, and I wouldnt do that, I at least appreciated their transparency on it.

Side note I would never pay ADM and did not on my 37pkg

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s real simple. If people are stupid enough to pay ADM’s, dealerships are going to keep doing it because people are stupid enough to keep paying it. Secondly, ford could do something about it, but they don’t. That says a lot about ford. Ford has done a terrible job with the bronco, f 150, the raptor, and now the lightning as far as taking orders and then delivering on these orders. People waiting 18-24 months for broncos and f 150’s is absolutely criminal and incompetent even in times of Covid. We are almost 2 years into Covid and if ford and GM, these are the two worst, have not figured it out by now they are not going to. There are some manufacturers that have much better handle on this than ford as far as keeping delivery dates, anyone heard of Toyota.

Fords biggest problem is they are all about marketing. They put a vehicle out there way before they are ready to take orders and then they look like buffoons. This was happening with the explorer and the bronco way before Covid.

There is a saying, Toyota is all about engineering and build quality and the big three is all about marketing. These tough times prove as the cream rises to the top as Toyota just passed GM as the number one vehicle producer in North America. Now Toyota is not only number 1 world wide, but also North America.

atxdivebezel

Reaction score
*able to afford ADMs

Fixed it for you.

It’s real simple. If people are stupid enough to pay ADM’s, dealerships are going to keep doing it because people are stupid enough to keep paying it. Secondly, ford could do something about it, but they don’t. That says a lot about ford. Ford has done a terrible job with the bronco, f 150, the raptor, and now the lightning as far as taking orders and then delivering on these orders. People waiting 18-24 months for broncos and f 150’s is absolutely criminal and incompetent even in times of Covid. We are almost 2 years into Covid and if ford and GM, these are the two worst, have not figured it out by now they are not going to. There are some manufacturers that have much better handle on this than ford as far as keeping delivery dates, anyone heard of Toyota.

Fords biggest problem is they are all about marketing. They put a vehicle out there way before they are ready to take orders and then they look like buffoons. This was happening with the explorer and the bronco way before Covid.

There is a saying, Toyota is all about engineering and build quality and the big three is all about marketing. These tough times prove as the cream rises to the top as Toyota just passed GM as the number one vehicle producer in North America. Now Toyota is not only number 1 world wide, but also North America.

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*able to afford ADMs

Fixed it for you.
Wrong. It’s called stupid. I can afford to pay $ 1000.00 per night to stay at a holiday inn, but am I going to ? Not unless I’m brain dead. I can afford to pay $ 5000.00 round trip to Edmonton, alberta Canada, but am I going to ? No.

Much better things to spend your money on than paying for the dealerships owners third home in Stowe, Vermont.

metalwhiz

Reaction score

FTO??

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm an idiot, but new Tundras look totally ridiculous.
Looks are completely objective, that’s fine. And I own a 2019 raptor, 2019 gt 350 r, and a gt 500 cftp so I am not a Toyota fan boy, but you can’t argue with facts and success, kind of like tom Brady. The other fact is that Toyota’s build quality, especially in Japan, is much better than fords. Matter of fact their factory in Japan is noted for being the best for build quality.

BlacknTan

Reaction score
I don’t like ADM, but I’m for a free market. Dealers wouldn’t be able to charge ADM if people weren’t paying it. All of us have bought cars below advertised sticker and most have bought cars well below invoice. That’s supply and demand. Used cars are getting crazy prices right now, and that’s to the seller’s advantage.

My issues either the dealers and Ford are more procedural. Everything should be more transparent and standardized once the price is negotiated (barring differences in state law).

Something like:
1. Establish a MyFord account. Build your order. Send your build to your dealer.
2. Negotiate the final price, all fees and taxes included with the dealer. (Trade negotiated now if they’re taking it now, or negotiated when the vehicle arrives with a clause for adjustment of taxes, etc.)
3. Written standardized order contract with signature of dealer and buyer disclosing the above with a standardized deposit.
4. Notification of confirmation that the order has been received by Ford and accepted (orders should not be permitted by the dealer and confirmation of the order should not be sent by Ford unless the dealer has allocation)
5. Weekly or biweekly updates from Ford via the MyFord account, advising you of the order status, delays and reasons for delays in real time. (All should be uploaded and visible in MyFord, including the order, deposit receipt, order contract and purchase contract.)
6. Vehicle inspection by customer, purchase contract completion and delivery to the customer.

Kyleatus

Reaction score
My dealer is getting MSRP plus $5k on a $64k invoice price to show me which lines to sign my name on. I did the rest. Highly doubt it will ever happen but would love to see it go the Carvana route. Build, order, and pay online direct from Ford. Dealers handle warranty repairs only.