FORD Factory tonneau cover and bed divider

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sharkman

Reaction score
Just received the Raptor I ordered 3 months ago. SWEET!

However, the factory tonneau cover and bed divider are a suck - poor designs. STAY AWAY! Here are the issues (and email I sent to the dealer asking for a refund):

1) Tonneau cover: when people order it, they should be told it does not fold up against the glass for easy access to the rear of the bed. It has to be fully removed, which is a pain to remove and store it. Not to mention the plastic that keeps it locked on to the truck is so flimsy, somebody ripping it off the truck is very easy to do. I am afraid to remove it for fear of damaging the plastic that holds it in place. It is definitely not secure and can be easily stolen or removed to get access to the bed.

ALSO, with the tonneau cover in place, it overhangs the rear tailgate so the tailgate will not automatically come down when the button is pushed. No point in having the cool feature of an automatic tail gate when the cover blocks it from folding down.

2) Bed Divider: since the tonneau cover is not foldable against the back window (meaning I have to remove it fully to access the far back cleats), the bed divider is not user friendly. Not to mention, it gives such a limited amount of space towards the front, it is almost useless.

Has anybody else purchased these from Ford direct? Any comments?

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't see the need for a bed divider. I flip my bed extender over and use it for a bed divider to keep stuff from sliding to the front of the bed.

SAM_0566.JPG

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't see the need for a bed divider. I flip my bed extender over and use it for a bed divider to keep stuff from sliding to the front of the bed.

View attachment 121150
I originally was going to buy the divider, but got the extender instead. It serves as both a divider and extender when needed. Only drawback is it blocks the switch for the bed lights.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, my factory tonneau allows the tailgate to drop automatically just fine. Sounds like the dealer didn't fine tune the installation of it.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just received the Raptor I ordered 3 months ago. SWEET!

However, the factory tonneau cover and bed divider are a suck - poor designs. STAY AWAY! Here are the issues (and email I sent to the dealer asking for a refund):

1) Tonneau cover: when people order it, they should be told it does not fold up against the glass for easy access to the rear of the bed. It has to be fully removed, which is a pain to remove and store it. Not to mention the plastic that keeps it locked on to the truck is so flimsy, somebody ripping it off the truck is very easy to do. I am afraid to remove it for fear of damaging the plastic that holds it in place. It is definitely not secure and can be easily stolen or removed to get access to the bed.

ALSO, with the tonneau cover in place, it overhangs the rear tailgate so the tailgate will not automatically come down when the button is pushed. No point in having the cool feature of an automatic tail gate when the cover blocks it from folding down.

2) Bed Divider: since the tonneau cover is not foldable against the back window (meaning I have to remove it fully to access the far back cleats), the bed divider is not user friendly. Not to mention, it gives such a limited amount of space towards the front, it is almost useless.

Has anybody else purchased these from Ford direct? Any comments?
I have the factory hard cover and have no issues with it.

My tailgate opens just fine with it installed. Yours needs adjustment.

baptizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Rap had the factory tonneau cover on it but I didn't see any alignment issues with the tailgate (it worked fine). I simply didn't want it so the dealer moved it over to another Rap.

muddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory Advantage hard foldable cover is tough w the bed divider due to location of the latches. With the divider folded toward the bed side the latch handles are somewhat covered. And you can't get to the bed light switch with the divider in this position. Unless I'm missing something.

Want the bakflip f1. What do you think I can get for a brand new factory hard folding cover?

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/tonneaubed-cover-hard-folding-by-advantage-5-5-bed-7870495-1