Ford Factory Auto-Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question related to the remote start:

What distance or range does everyone get with their remote and be able to start the truck? I have a 2013 and swear I can only start it with 100 feet or so. Is that typical??

Same for me. Very disappointing. Does anyone know if there are any options for improving this?

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My distance isn't great. Dad used to say that sticking the remote under your chin will increase the distance. Never believe him until I tried it. Lol.

Yes...I really did just try this Zac...Felt like I was going to give my key a ********!

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two quick questions about the factor auto-start that came with the 801 Package;

Today, I pushed the button on the key twice and the starter sounded like it started to begin the process, then it immediately stopped. It did not start the truck. I waited for about twenty minutes and then tried it again and it started without an issue. I have not be able to duplicate the issue again. I am wondering if I may have hit the button for a third time in the process and it cancelled it out?

I did the exact thing last night...I also think I hit the button a third time but am not sure. I am glad someone else has done the same thing. BTW - it started up when I repeated the button sequence.

OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again everyone! The starter has worked great ever since. I must have hit it a third time. Lovin' the truck!