Ford Factory Auto-Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool! Glad it wasn't something weird. It does make since that it is a safety factory for false starting the truck. I guess I was under the impression that's what the duration of time after starting the truck was for and if you were more forgetful you would program it at a shorter time.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
these are the same.... haha. the sequence is lock, start, start. even if the vehicle is already locked. a security feature is my guess. so you dont accidently start the vehicle

Lmao. I thought he said he had to hit the start button once and then hit it two more times. I should probably get my eyes checked.

kkitowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question related to the remote start:

What distance or range does everyone get with their remote and be able to start the truck? I have a 2013 and swear I can only start it with 100 feet or so. Is that typical??

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My distance isn't great. Dad used to say that sticking the remote under your chin will increase the distance. Never believe him until I tried it. Lol.