Ford F150 Master Brake Cylinder Class Action lawsuit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a postcard today, class action lawsuit for "2013-2018 F150 Hitachi step-bore master cylinder that was not part of a recall Ford issued in 2020". According to the VIN check on their website www.Fi150brakelitigation.com mine's one of 'em, guessing I'm not the only one here...

MrGable27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a postcard today, class action lawsuit for "2013-2018 F150 Hitachi step-bore master cylinder that was not part of a recall Ford issued in 2020". According to the VIN check on their website www.Fi150brakelitigation.com mine's one of 'em, guessing I'm not the only one here...
Yep, got mine in the mail on Saturday. Thought it was spam at first, but sounding like there’s something to it. Interesting

JCS

Reaction score
My mechanic mentioned the brake issue to me last year because my pedals seemed soft. He bled the brake lines and filtered the debris that had built up and it's been fine since. Now that the lawsuit is in place, I'm going to have him replace the master cylinder because I assume most of that cost will be covered whenever the case settles.

OP
OP
BenBB

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My mechanic mentioned the brake issue to me last year because my pedals seemed soft. He bled the brake lines and filtered the debris that had built up and it's been fine since. Now that the lawsuit is in place, I'm going to have him replace the master cylinder because I assume most of that cost will be covered whenever the case settles.
You might want to see what develops first, or see if you can source a Bosch master cylinder instead of the Hitachi...before I posted this thread I searched and found another with brake issues: