Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Frequently Asked Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it seems like better performance , while accelerating but it may get slow on the highway ? And better gas mileage with 37s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I regeared to 4.88 with 37s. It does fine on the highway, but it'll be slightly higher RPM. Not by much and you don't really notice it. It'll keep accelerating like a champ though. I'm sure you know 4.56 would match it back to stock ratio (4.10 with 35s), so if you're 90% freeway, you might as well go with that. I don't regret 4.88 though. And slower speed off roading it's like it's not even trying. Got an SCT tuner to help the motor out too, so don't slack on that part.

BlueGoliath96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply , I may go with 4.56 rather than 4.88 if am mostly driving on the highway , and which brand do you recommend G2 Gears or Yukon ones ?

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply , I may go with 4.56 rather than 4.88 if am mostly driving on the highway , and which brand do you recommend G2 Gears or Yukon ones ?

I'm not an expert on that sort of thing. I went through SDHQ, so ended up with Yukon. There was only a slight oddity with the install kit because my 2011 had a 2010 axle in it, so the guys who put it in had to find another kit for it. That wasn't anyone's fault, just didn't find out until they pulled it apart.

BlueGoliath96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds great , and about the Yukon ones , did you face any problems , malfunctions with it I mean whining noise on the axle front and rear etc ? Just wondering

Thanks dude

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds great , and about the Yukon ones , did you face any problems , malfunctions with it I mean whining noise on the axle front and rear etc ? Just wondering

Thanks dude

None that I could tell yet. I haven't really used 4wd much either. I've heard a bit of a whine, but I don't think I could narrow that down to the diffs. I thought it was the transmission or something. When I had them change the oil after the break in period, they took a look and said it all looked good. That was 10-12k miles ago.

Sorry for the late reply, I'm not subbed to this thread