Ford Extended Service Plan - Ford Protect vs. Flood Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dynosaur

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I'm looking to add an extended warranty onto my '18 screw. I'm just under 22 months in with 35,000 miles. My research has brought my to Ford's official fordprotect.ford.com and Flood Auto floodfordesp.com. With the same warranty: 8 years, 125,000 miles and $50 deductible, Ford official total is $4,105.26. Flood Ford shows $2,445.00.

Is there something I'm missing with this? I know dealers can charge whatever they want for the ESP, but is Flood really less than directly from Ford for the exact same coverage? Does anyone know if Flood allows you to pay over 6-24 months like Ford or is everything up front?

Thank you.

D

Deleted member 12951

I bought mine from Flood. Its a Ford Dealership selling the EXACT same warranty that any Ford dealership sells, just they sell it at very small margins. I have used my ESP at my local dealership multiple times for thousands of dollars of warranty work without any issues whatsoever

OP
OP
D

Dynosaur

Reaction score
Do you know if there is an option to "finance" over time or do I need to pay all at once?

D

Deleted member 12951

Do you know if there is an option to "finance" over time or do I need to pay all at once?

I don’t know. I paid with a credit card in full and didn’t even need that option, mine was only $1700 when I bought it. You can pay your credit card over time if that is something you want to do and still would probably be less than paying what your dealership wants for the same thing.

OP
OP
D

Dynosaur

Reaction score
I just gave them a call. They said it needs to be paid upfront unless I want to go the Paypal six month credit route. I asked why they were low compared to directly from Ford. They said that Ford sells the ESP's at MSRP while they sell it for $100.00 over invoice or cost.

Thank you for your help.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have used my ESP at my local dealership multiple times for thousands of dollars of warranty work without any issues whatsoever

UN-POSSIBLE.

you have a Gen1 and it is commonly know that the Gen1 Raptor had no problems.
;-)

I bought from Flood as well and next time I was at the local dealer they acknowledged I had the ESP.

D

Deleted member 12951

UN-POSSIBLE.

you have a Gen1 and it is commonly know that the Gen1 Raptor had no problems.
;-)

I bought from Flood as well and next time I was at the local dealer they acknowledged I had the ESP.

Everything that has been warranty work was due to off-roading. You push a GEN1 or GEN2 hard enough, things will break. My dealership is so cool that I let them know when I am going to Baja and they keep the appointment book open when I return.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You push a GEN1 or GEN2 hard enough, things will break

But... this is not what we’ve been told here on FRF. only gen2 breaks. You’ve surely seen the posts.
:)

great you have a cool dealer!

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Get the Flood plan. It works and is way cheaper. Service writer was surprised I had a $60/day rental allowance, usually people get the $30 shitbox rate, or whatever. I think it was around $1700 for 6 year 125k with rental for 10 days, but I got it when I bought it new.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
I believe you only save $100 if you buy within 12 months of truck purchase date.