Ford ESP, which should I buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
good thing someone’s looking at the actual data source and not drinking beer while surfing the web ;-)

OP
OP
Win Seeker

Win Seeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Emailed Zeigler and asked "the warranty begins at my current mileage? Meaning my warranty will persist from 77717 to 125,717 or until exactly 5 years from the start of the warranty, 02/22/2027?"

and their response was "That is correct. Coverage starts the date of purchase and the mileage is additional to your current odometer."

lobsterman

Reaction score
My 22 is built and waiting shipping. I plan to keep it for 10 years or so. I don’t plan on doing a tune or anything that would void a warranty. I’m planning to buy from Flood Ford the top tier plan for 8 years/125,000 miles $50 deductible. I would buy for 10 years if it was an option. The price is $2585 until the end of February. I want piece of mind. With the price of EVERYTHING going up does it make sense to buy ASAP or wait until my factory warranty is close to expiration? Also, does anyone know if the Flood Ford warranty covers anything that the factory warranty doesn’t? Thanks for your input.

hekster1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went 8/150,000 on the Ford ESP from Flood Ford in Rhode Island

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 22 is built and waiting shipping. I plan to keep it for 10 years or so. I don’t plan on doing a tune or anything that would void a warranty. I’m planning to buy from Flood Ford the top tier plan for 8 years/125,000 miles $50 deductible. I would buy for 10 years if it was an option. The price is $2585 until the end of February. I want piece of mind. With the price of EVERYTHING going up does it make sense to buy ASAP or wait until my factory warranty is close to expiration? Also, does anyone know if the Flood Ford warranty covers anything that the factory warranty doesn’t? Thanks for your input.
IIRC there is no advantage to buying the warranty when the truck is new vs right before the 3/36 expires - aside from the fact that prices may increase in general within the 3 years...

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Emailed Zeigler and asked "the warranty begins at my current mileage? Meaning my warranty will persist from 77717 to 125,717 or until exactly 5 years from the start of the warranty, 02/22/2027?"

and their response was "That is correct. Coverage starts the date of purchase and the mileage is additional to your current odometer."
That is not what my contract says... My 7 years is up 7 years from the day I took delivery of the truck, not 7 years from when I bought the warranty. Same goes for mileage - 75k, not 95k (I bought the warranty when the truck had 20k miles on it).

lobsterman

Reaction score
IIRC there is no advantage to buying the warranty when the truck is new vs right before the 3/36 expires - aside from the fact that prices may increase in general within the 3 years...
That’s what I was thinking but wasn’t sure if factory warranty and Flood Ford warranty cover exactly the same items. If Flood Ford covers anything extra I will buy it right away. Will talk with them after I get my truck.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only thing I hear that it covers that bumper to bumper doesn't, are broken parts due to user neglect. but even then I wouldn't expect ESP would cover that either.