Ford ESP - Post your real world experiences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WireNutz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @WireNutz - that's what I was able to interpret based on the various info out there as well.

Do you know when they hit you with the extra fee upon purchase if I were to commit to keeping over the 36k?

I thought i also ready if car is over a year old/12k miles, you pay a one-time fee ($250 or something?)
If you buy the warranty after 1 yr 12k it will be $100 more than if you did it before that time/milage. It also goes up if purchased after 36k and your options for warranty coverage change too.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Love my ESP. Got the 10 day upgraded rental car too. The rental car coverage itself has covered the cost of the whole plan over the last 4 years. Just had the cam phasers replaced along with repairing the telescoping feature of the steering wheel at 103k miles. $100 deductible.

JBT9

Reaction score
I have the Ford Gold Certified ESP that came with the 2019 truck from the dealer (used) and the solenoid harness on the rear shock went bad one week after receiving the truck here in SoCal. The dealer said it was not covered by the warranty. On my 18 it did not cover the fuel injectors and coil that needed to be replaced. Not sure if it is a dealer-by-dealer issues but now had two problems and neither was covered.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My factory warranty runs out on Tuesday. Going in tomorrow (Monday) for some kind of driveline whine/howl. I don't know how much these plans are but it has only been in once in 3 years - a shattered sunroof and a replacement seat cover at less than 1 year old. I have done EVERYTHING to it since new: oil, brakes, filters, etc.