Ford ESP - Buy direct or on-line?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi Mike. Thanks for the input! Can you get us a definitive answer as to whether the Premium ESP will cover the Fox Shox on the Raptor after the 3/36,000 mile warranty expires?

(The Premium Plan is EXCELLENT even if it doesn't cover the shocks... but it would be nice to settle the dispute over whether the Fox Shox are covered by the ESP or not.)

Mike McNellis

Ford Rep
Reaction score
Hi Mike. Thanks for the input! Can you get us a definitive answer as to whether the Premium ESP will cover the Fox Shox on the Raptor after the 3/36,000 mile warranty expires?

(The Premium Plan is EXCELLENT even if it doesn't cover the shocks... but it would be nice to settle the dispute over whether the Fox Shox are covered by the ESP or not.)

That is a great question. I'll find out.

IIRC, traditionally shocks are not covered as they were considered a wear item. I remember multiple debates on shock vs strut debates on the Explorer, as the classification would determine ESP coverage. My gut is telling me they are not covered, but I've been mistaken before.

Mike McNellis

Ford Rep
Reaction score
Update - The shocks would be covered by an ESP Premium Maintenance Plan. These plan covered scheduled maintaince items listed in the maintaince guide and wear items including wiper blades, brake friction, shocks, spark plugs, and more. Terms are available up to 7 years, 100K miles. I'm 98% sure they need to be purchased within the 12/12.

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So being new to Ford I searched Ford ESP on google and it came back with tons of different websites that all seem like they are offering ESP's through Ford but all the sites are different with different pricing. My question is are all these actually offered by Ford motors or are the different companies promising a warranty? Sorry im a little new to the ESP's and very new to Ford.....can someone shed some light for me? trying to research this now so i know my options when my Raptor comes in.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update - The shocks would be covered by an ESP Premium Maintenance Plan. These plan covered scheduled maintaince items listed in the maintaince guide and wear items including wiper blades, brake friction, shocks, spark plugs, and more. Terms are available up to 7 years, 100K miles. I'm 98% sure they need to be purchased within the 12/12.

Thanks Mike!!!! :mrgreen:

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So being new to Ford I searched Ford ESP on google and it came back with tons of different websites that all seem like they are offering ESP's through Ford but all the sites are different with different pricing. My question is are all these actually offered by Ford motors or are the different companies promising a warranty? Sorry im a little new to the ESP's and very new to Ford.....can someone shed some light for me? trying to research this now so i know my options when my Raptor comes in.

Your local dealer is always the best bet IMHO... I think the Internet is good to check/compare pricing and hopefully that knowledge will help you get the best deal. But you can buy the Ford Factory ESP from any Ford Dealer and still be covered at any Ford Dealer.

Mike posted the official Ford link http://flmowner.com Click on "warranty and service plans".

If one of those exact plans is what the dealer is offering, no problem. If they offer you "something just like it" from another warranty company... I would stay away.

The Ford-backed plans are excellent... most "aftermarket" plans? Not always so good.

OP
OP
SLB8SNK

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted a couple sites a few posts back. You can buy them online and those sites are good. Any dealer can sell them, the key is making sure it is an ESP plan through Ford. The web sites are usually sponsored by a dealer. I will try the route of pricing and going local, but dont think they will match... who knows, but worth a shot.