Ford ESP - Buy direct or on-line?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SLB8SNK

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think most agree the ESP plan is a good idea. Now for "where" are most buying it? And what you are paying! Again, I would love to hear from someone who has purchased the ESP on-line and what sort of luck or issues with doing so. As i understand it, so long as you are purchasing the Ford ESP, on-line or otherwise, you can't go wrong. You save a boat load going on-line, and that is what I am hoping to do, once I get a little more feed back. Also, as I understand it, the longer you delay, the more you pay? Is that true? Meaning, if you purchase after the truck is a year old, the cost of the plan goes up? Arggg... so many questions LOL.

OP
OP
SLB8SNK

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just a dump... been doing some research and I found a site that is offering the 60/60 with a $50 deductible for $610 and a $100 deductible for $560? How does that compare to what you guys have paid or seen or heard of???

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have not seen anything that says "the longer you wait, the more it costs"... except perhaps that, in general, prices tend to go up over time... but I have not seen Ford ESP pricing based on the age and/or mileage of the vehicle so I doubt it matters.

What DOES matter is that the vehicle is still covered by the base warranty at time of ESP purchase! If you wait until the standard warranty expires, you cannot buy the ESP.

As I understand it, the Ford ESP is honored at all Ford dealers as long as you purchased the plan from an authorized dealer. So get your best price... (Personally, I would take a verified plan price to my local dealer and see if they will match it.)

(You might have to wait a long time to hear from someone that bought a plan on-line... most people I know buy the plan with the truck.)

Most importantly... look at what you are buying. Read and understand the plan details and don't rely on what "someone told you". I've known several upset people who have bought plans and then are upset when something they thought would be covered, isn't... like most "normal wear" items.

OP
OP
SLB8SNK

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not seen anything that says "the longer you wait, the more it costs"... except perhaps that, in general, prices tend to go up over time... but I have not seen Ford ESP pricing based on the age and/or mileage of the vehicle so I doubt it matters.

What DOES matter is that the vehicle is still covered by the base warranty at time of ESP purchase! If you wait until the standard warranty expires, you cannot buy the ESP.

As I understand it, the Ford ESP is honored at all Ford dealers as long as you purchased the plan from an authorized dealer. So get your best price... (Personally, I would take a verified plan price to my local dealer and see if they will match it.)

(You might have to wait a long time to hear from someone that bought a plan on-line... most people I know buy the plan with the truck.)

Most importantly... look at what you are buying. Read and understand the plan details and don't rely on what "someone told you". I've known several upset people who have bought plans and then are upset when something they thought would be covered, isn't... like most "normal wear" items.

All good comments Mark. I know for sure the places I have checked online, the main question is, is the vehicle still under the OEM plan, and the second one is, was the vehicle purchased over 12 months ago, and both effect the prices posted. So I do think the cost of the plan does indeed go up the closer you come to the one year mark, then any time after that. Again, I am not 100%. I also agree that I will take the plan prices I am getting and see if the local dealers will get me close, as I would rather spend my money locally when it makes sense!

AuPanda

Reaction score
So just a dump... been doing some research and I found a site that is offering the 60/60 with a $50 deductible for $610 and a $100 deductible for $560? How does that compare to what you guys have paid or seen or heard of???

That does seem like a good price. Where did you go through? I'd like to get the 100K mile option.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SNIP... and the second one is, was the vehicle purchased over 12 months ago... SNIP

It might just be that if the vehicle is over 12 months old you may have to take it in to a dealer to get the actual mileage verified???

OP
OP
SLB8SNK

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, the link is http://www.fordwarrantys.com/ if you send your email they send you a code for I think it was $185 off the price of any plan, and how I got the prices I quoted above. They seem to be quoted in many of the F150 forums out there. I am going to do a little more research but I think these guys are priced about the best... I did have one other place but I left it on my desk at work, so will update next week!

Mike McNellis

Ford Rep
Reaction score
Here is the actual Ford site - http://flmowner.com

Here is my view - If you are going to keep the vehicle for more than 3/36 - get the Ford ESP. I worked as a ZM in parts and service for three years - things break. Most of the technicians in Ford stores have ESP's on their vehicles - that said a lot to me. With the increasingly complex systems on the vehicles, it just makes sense. I'm a huge fan of the PremiumCare plan - I prefer the exclusionary coverge to stated coverage contracts.

If you buy it after 12/12, there is an additional $100 fee. After 3/36, you can still buy used Ford ESP's, but you'll need to take it to a Ford store and have it inspected - there is normally a charge for this. Hopefully the site will answer a lot of questions.

If you are going to buy online, get your best price and call your selling dealer. They do want your business and it makes sense to support your local Ford store. If you have an issue, it is nice to be able to look someone in the eye.