Ford ESP - Buy direct or on-line?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up my truck the other day, great experience all the way. TEAM FORD is the best!

Question I have is, I normally do not buy the ESP but for a first year truck, off road, and new 6.2, does it make sense? If so, I know you can buy the ESP from the dealer at closing, but I also see you can buy them on-line for much cheaper. I love my dealer, but this is more about a smart shopper as the ESP is good anywhere you travel, and any dealer, so not really tided to one dealer. Of course I will only take my truck back to Team, but regardless, its an ESP.

So, has anyone purchased the ESP on-line? What site? and what did you pay? I seen a couple sites pricing the 60/60 for less than $600.

Any comments!!!

OP
OP
SLB8SNK

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i commented in that one, but it was only a couple posts, no reail input. Would like to hear if anyone bought one, from where, and how much. Plus any good or bad thoughts!

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife bought a couple through the dealer and I have one of the Harley but nothing online. I personally have yet to see a benefit from buying one to be honest. The one on our Tahoe is about to run out and that vehicle has only been in the shop 3 times and all because some 4x4 switch that runs roughly 40.00 each and a fuel pump. My wife's current Buick Enclave has one for two years and has never been in the shop...outside her wrecking it. I had one on my Harley truck and it ran out before I ever had to put it in the shop...broken A/C unit that cost me 1000.00 but my ESP was 1600.00. So even if the ESP was active I would still have been down 600.00 plus tax. So I'm conflicted about ESPs.

GasGasMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a Ford tech, I can tell you that the ESP is worth it.

Any major repairs will cost around a $1,000. Vehicles are getting more and more complex now-a-days.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it is a personal decision GGM, but what is your opinion on the correct amount of ESP to purchase? I concur on the need for it... just don't know how much to get.

Falcon

OP
OP
SLB8SNK

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so there are two parts to this. First, do we need one? Well being a first year truck, and motor (6.2) and off road, I would agree that if ever, this is the one to buy a plan for. Second, if you DO buy one, the dealers offer them as well on-line web sites, the difference best I can tell is that the on-line costs are 40-50% lower than the dealer! So the real question I have is, has anyone purchased a true Ford ESP on-line, if so from which site, and how much? Oh yea, and have you used it without issue? Bottom line, I am thinking you can upgrade the plan, say a 72/72 and do it for much less. Like I said, the 60/60 at the dealer was over $1000 and the same plan on-line was under $600....

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto Snake... I stand in line with bated breath and a hopeful look, awaiting those smarter than I (Big Crowd <G>) to weigh in and edify us.

Falcon

GasGasMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it is a personal decision GGM, but what is your opinion on the correct amount of ESP to purchase? I concur on the need for it... just don't know how much to get.

Falcon

You want the Ford Premium plan. The highest I think you can get is 7years/100K miles.
Car rental is covered also.
With the Ford ESP plan, your vehicle is repaired when it is diagnosed. There's no waiting for an adjuster to come look at the vehicle. Ford will send an adjuster if you need major engine repairs that may be maintenance related.

You can wait until the basic warranty (3/36) is almost up before you buy the Ford ESP plan. The extended warranty will still expire at 100K miles.

To answer your question Falcon. It depends on how many miles you drive a year.
You may not pass 100K miles in 7 years. My wife has a 2000 Jaguar S-Type with 30K miles on it.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When/if/hopefully our 2011 GT/CS 5.0 Mustang sale goes through we are going to get an ESP plan based on the sole reason that the engine is brand spankin' new. But since I have the 5.4 Raptor and don't drive it daily or as hard as some of you I don't see a real need for it on my Raptor.

From what I have read the Premium plan covers certain "wear" items as well, for instance the timing gears/belt/chain. It seems pretty comprehensive to me...just received an offer in the mail a few days ago...without a price of course.