Ford engineers have sick sense of humor. Oil change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a fumoto on my Jeep. My oldest son is an actual pro mechanic laughed at me and said he gets to repair/replace those all the time.

But I'm tired of dropping the entire plate for oil changes, even considered allowing the pimply kid at the local lube-joint touch it.

I think I'll eat my pride and put a valve in, I'm due another change.

OP
OP
1BAD454SSv2

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have one fumoto valve in bag and looked it over again . I ordered new cutoff wheel to notch skid plate . I will take pic before and after the cut. Side note really liking this Motul xcess oil . Hot idle in drive bumped oil pressure by 2 psi . Would avg 29 psi before. Ran it hard on interstate v8 titan wanted to play . I freight trained to him 115mph . oil never got above 200 deg.

https://www.motul.com/us/en/products/8100-x-cess-5w-30.

air temp was 98 today.

Attachments

• 20220418_161419.jpg
    20220418_161419.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

4rdFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil 4 times on my truck and have always used the same clips without stripping either the bolts or clips (hand start first, then use a clicker wrench or impact). Not sure what you mean by non-reusable.

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys might like this:

This is a plug that we manufacture. BMW North America is looking to implement this once the car comes in from the port. It's getting such high praises, BMW Germany is looking to add this drain plug from the factory.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one fumoto valve in bag and looked it over again . I ordered new cutoff wheel to notch skid plate . I will take pic before and after the cut. Side note really liking this Motul xcess oil . Hot idle in drive bumped oil pressure by 2 psi . Would avg 29 psi before. Ran it hard on interstate v8 titan wanted to play . I freight trained to him 115mph . oil never got above 200 deg.

https://www.motul.com/us/en/products/8100-x-cess-5w-30.

air temp was 98 today.
just now came across this, live in FL so have temps close to yours, my oil generally goes between 190-205, and my oil pressure generally idles around 22psi once warmed up.
Factory motorcraft oil and amsoil same-ish result. Wonder why theres a diff

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You guys might like this:

This is a plug that we manufacture. BMW North America is looking to implement this once the car comes in from the port. It's getting such high praises, BMW Germany is looking to add this drain plug from the factory.
That’s real sexy!

I think the Fumoto is an easier solution for the DIY weekend warrior. I slip a length of hose over the nipple and open the valve. IMO the ball valve has more integrity than the spring loaded valve.

I noticed the weep of oil around the valve on that Raptor.

D276371F-4971-4381-89E7-354949CB8302.jpeg