Ford dealership denied warranty claim on my 3 week old truck....

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Onemoosehorn, May 8, 2018.

1. Onemoosehorn

Onemoosehorn Full Access Member

Valid opinions from everyone. Everyone deals with their trucks differently. It’s not a lemon law claim, it’s not a buy back suit. The only way I could talk to someone higher than the rep on the phone was to agree to her statement about letting the truck go. HER recommendation. I feel Ford needs to stand behind their product. Especially if a dealership lies on the warranty claim. Yeah it’s shitty stickers, but what if it was the carbon fiber package, costs less. Or the spray in bed liner, which also costs less from ford.

I’m not here to debate if the stickers belong on the truck or not. Or if someone likes them or not. Or if they should be ripped of or not. Or if their monetary value is worth the hassle. You do what you want to with YOUR truck.

I appreciate the support. I’ll keep the post updated once I hear from ford.

2. ThugHunter

ThugHunter Full Access Member

Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
    White with the beadlocks looks awesome IMO, especially w/o the stickers. Stickers are for Fisher Price ride ons and ricers.

3. kandewinn

kandewinn Full Access Member

Have your original dealer send you a replacement and find someone you trust to do the work

4. Onemoosehorn

They mentioned that yeterday as an option.

5. rtmozingo

rtmozingo Full Access Member

They were cool on the first gen, in fact the first gen is what set the trend. But the new ones are terrible

6. 911Monte

911Monte Member

Yea obviously all a valid claim and reason to get upset especially the tech rubbing your paint with a dirty hand. But as one poster above said, life is too short. Give it a few days to calm down and take the stickers off and your truck will look great and soon you will forget about the money on the wasted stickers or the situation. Obviously avoid going back to that dealer and start fresh with the next closest one.

7. SENDIT!

SENDIT! Full Access Member

Are you the 5k off at Knaben Ford guy?

8. Onemoosehorn

That’s the game plan. Definitely won’t be going back to that dealer.

9. Punishr

Punishr Member

I see your point. Personal opinion shouldn't factor into whether ford needs to make it right. They do. This is one of those learning moments when you remember, every time you buy another car, that a 60 second walk around right before you take delivery, can save you a lot of hassle.

10. Onemoosehorn

Lesson learned. You are correct.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

So I guess I didn’t post this originally, but I even asked the dealer who filed the incorrect claim to remove the stickers. He said they could not remove them. He even told me he could not have his dealership touch up the rust underneath. Even though I was paying for that. That ford didn’t make anything, nor would they authorize anything to be used on the under carriage of this truck.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

And you are a dealer in Missouri?